You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Drawing

Gang,

I asked James Neathery for a drawing of my coach. He is a sales guy / Engineer at the Newell factory. Man did he deliver! I think its interesting to see the drawing even though I know the coach pretty well!

If you don't have a similar drawing for your coach...its worth asking the factory.

Cheers,
bill

Attached Files
.pdf 653FEL.pdf Size: 579.91 KB  Downloads: 77

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Do you think they would have such a drawing on a classic (1984)? I have the build order and the original owners name but that's it.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I suspect they might have something....but it doesn't hurt to ask. Call James and see what he says. 918-542-5582, ext 205 (office) <- I think this is his number

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

So I called last week and spoke with a nice gal by the name of Jessica who answered the phone. She asked what coach number I had and I told her I had no idea. All I knew was that it was an 84 and the last name of the original owner was Stoddard. She asked for the last 4 digits of the VIN because she said that would be the coach number. 18 were the last two digits so she said I had coach 18. I thought this was odd because I thought I recalled Michael telling us once that the numbering of coaches started later than 84 but maybe I was wrong. Anyway she found the drawings and they arrived today. Not my coach. So I will call Jessica again to see if she can find them in the archives. I will bring this print with me to Spearfish and maybe we can give it to the rightful owner someday.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Todd, I think the current numbering system does utilize the last few digits of the VIN # for the coach number, but prior to '85 they had a different numbering system, and copies of the blue prints, or drawings of our Classics are mostly not available.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I called a month ago. Can't remember who I talked to but he said he'd send me some drawings...They haven't arrived yet....

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

The one I got is our vintage if I recall correctly. I will look at the dates again for sure.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

The 'new' coach numbering system started in 1982 (1983 models) but Newell did not incorporate the coach number into the VIN until the 1990 models. If the floorplan they sent was for coach 18, it would have likely been built in early 1983 since coach 7 was built in Oct of 1982 (an 83 model). What is the construction date of your coach Todd?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com