You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide 4 corner creeping out

Noticed the upper rear corner of our coach had creeped out.  The front upper corner is fine. Could this be a locking pin issue?

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR

i have a 2002 as well. if the locking pins are down, i really cant move very much if at all. what causes slide creeping out is the extend solenoid valve on the manifold leaking by. and since the rams are on the bottom, if they are creeping out, the bottom would come out first. you didnt say what the bottom was doing.

the one valve services both rams if the slide has 2. the long slides have two and the smaller slides have one. i only have 2 slides so i dont know what slide number 4 is.

if it has two rams, and one is leaking internally at the piston, then it is possible for just one side to move and not the other. but you would notice that at the bottom first i believe.

keep an eye on it. btw, if for some reason and or way it can continue to creep out, (like if the pins are not down), the slide seal can roll out.

tom

keep an eye on it.

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am assuming HWH slides, if you have Valid slides then ignore my comments.

On the top of the slide out is a pin hole for the locking pin to go into. The pin hole is made of hardened steel, and the locking pin is tapered on the end. So if there is a small misalignment, the taper on the pin will pull the slide into position as it goes down.

BUT, if the slide room is misaligned enough that the taper misses the edge of the steel pin hole, then the slide pin will make a hole in the aluminum roof of the slide. Not good, but most of us have them.

You want to do two things to help you figure out what is going on. With the room in, look over the valence at the slide pin and see if it is down, and if it is in the pin hole.

The second thing is extend the room, and look at the roof of the slide to see if you have any extra ventilation up there. Very important to do that, since water will enter the extra hole if you have made one.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you for the responses.  The bottom of the slide has stayed in position after I changed the extend solenoid just the upper rear corner has come out.  I will check for a hole in the top.
Thanks again.

Brandi and Chris
Coach #636
Hot Springs Village, AR