You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Considering a 2002 that probably needs love

my 2002 was quite similar when i got it. it had an office in the back instead of a bedroom. a sectional couch on the drivers side and full length desk on the passenger side. i made a very nice newell quality bed and nightstands and took out the desk and you would be hard pressed to know it wasnt original.

mine was a indy car coach. i bought it 10 years ago. and it also has over 200k miles on it and 9000 genny hours. all runs fine.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

@247carguy,

This may be more work than you want to bite off. This would be a great coach if you wanted to make it your hobby and you do most of the work yourself, but your intended use doesn't indicate that. "I only plan to use it for MD to GA trips to visit my daughter at school about 5 weeks each year and will use it for apx 2 months each summer."

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Thanks all for the reply’s. My wife and I both have about 10 more years working to pay for 2 teenagers. We used the 5th wheels almost monthly for quick getaway and would take longer trips during the summer and school breaks. Wife is a teacher so we vacationed around her schedule.

It would be a project and I’m sure a money pit. The price is what interested me. I’m always looking for a deal but true good deals are hard to find. Most of the 2001-2003 coaches I find are priced around $150-200 and I’m sure they will all need something. Was just thinking if I got this one for under $70k I might have a good coach with a total investment under $150k after I make the repairs. I had to reschedule my inspection from tomorrow to Monday. Maryland and Va don’t seem to handle snow very well

Considering the additional information you have provided, I approve of your strategy. Providing your original desire "I’m planning on it needing about $20k in work just to get it safe for traveling." is true, I think personally you're making a very sound investment. Newell coaches are built to go a million miles plus. Your retirement strategy is for 10 years. If you're buying it as an investment, you need to reconsider. 10 years from now a 2002 coach won't be worth the $150k you'll have invested, but you'll still have an awesome coach that will fulfill all your needs.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

It’s definitely not an investment. It’s a toy that’s eats cash just like a boat. The idea is get into something for a reasonable price that has a solid platform. If the guy would take $50k the coach would already be in my driveway.

It’s not a floor plan that works for me as it sits today. I’m most likely going to pass and keep looking for something that is a little better configured towards my needs vs building this one.