You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

bode air door leaking air

since i tried the first new valve before i redid the cylinder, it could be some trash or water got in it. i took it apart and you really cant get to the inside of it to see.

either way, it is fixed and i am glad.

nor for mush for dinner

thanks everyone

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have a question, is the door you are calling a Bode door only on the side of the RV where you would exit the RV. I assume the 2 sliding doors I have inside are called something else.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

yes. bode is the manufacturer of the entrance door. they made this style just for newell. the parts diagram i have says newell on it.

they make air doors for the transportation industry. trains, buses, etc.

the air pocket doors just have an air actuated ram. i am suspected it is made by SMC Pneumatics

i bought a rebuild kit for my air slide for my bay deepfreeze/fridge directly for them for about 15 bucks. same principle and same good result.

tom

Thanks Tom for the info. I've never seen one of these, is it like a pocket door or does it come out and slide back to one side?

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

they are really cool when they work. it is not a pocket door. when it is closed it is flush with the outside. there are no hinges. when you open it, the air cylinder assembly releases air, the door goes down about 1/2" which allows it to clear the latches, then whooses out and over the right as you are facing it from outside. there are 2 arms that the door moves on. then reverse...pushing the door to close opens the closes side of the valve, and moves the piston the other direction that closes the door. once closed it raises up about 1/2" and latches. if you get stuck inside because something with the door isnt working, there is a air pressure relief valve just for the door on the inside in the bay and under the kictchen counter. once the air is release the can easily swing the door out by hand.

there are two keys to lock it physically but we never do unless i am working on the air system and there is no airpressure. the two are because you need to lock it on each side or one side of the door will be loose when there is no air on it.

btw, for those that have air doors, jim at newell recommends at least 90psi in your supply air for it to operated totally right. i have used it with much less but it is much slower. i adjusted my open close rate at like 110psi.

i will take a video and post it to youtube for whoever wants to see it operate.

it is pretty slick. however, not quite as wide as the hinged door.

tom

this morning i was in the garage doing some work on a good friends, sons friend truck. i timed between compressor cycles now. it did 2 hours and 45minutes and that was with me opening and closing the door 3 or 4 times that takes 2 psi each door open or close.

so i am guessing i am up to over 3 hours without compressor coming on. so getting better.

tom