You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bode air door

i called BODE and talked to their tech guy. the door is a BODE 3324.00
this parts list is posted with permission from Bode technical support.

the part number of the MAC valve is 45A-AA2-DDBJ-1JM 12v 5.4watts. i used my inspection camera to get in there and see the part number for the valve. the valve is the distinctive MAC Blue color with the white relay on it.

Attached Files
.pdf bode air door.pdf Size: 331.13 KB  Downloads: 75

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You just never know what part or valve in this case will leak air! never ending process!

I am proud to say we are getting 2,5hrs in between cycles ! simply amazing !!! when you are outside or watching tv inside it can drive you crazy ! you are counting seconds when the compressor kicks in again ! fulltiming right next to it is no fun! for sure, but 2,5hrs now , we can handle and at this point you starting to not knowing is there!

In my case to chase more air leaking out of my coach I plumbed my realive valve right at the port of my Thomas compressor not at the end of the tank or behaind it and I think that made huge improvement ! from 30-40 minutes all the way to close to 3 hrs!!

Tom, I hope you will eliminate some big air leak out of that doors valve !

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Les, our coaches were built close to each other, and it is interesting that you can hear the compressor while watching TV. I can barely hear mine when I walk in front of the coach. Yours must not be mounted in the generator box. Any chance you can relocate it?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(04-03-2013, 08:06 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Les, our coaches were built close to each other, and it is interesting that you can hear the compressor while watching TV. I can barely hear mine when I walk in front of the coach. Yours must not be mounted in the generator box. Any chance you can relocate it?

Chester,
Yes our compressor is located under co pilot's bay where the air tank and all it's plumbing is.
When did open the Gen bay i noticed that Newell build space for the compressor ( right side looking at the front of Generator ) looks tight fit and takes smaller type comressor.

I checked several 99-2003 owners coaches at MCC resort and found 50/50% coaches with build compressor in right front bay and other half in Generator's bay.

I set in '99 and guys had problems with his ( lots of air leaks ) so compressor was kicking every 15 minutes or so, if you set on the sofa you could hear and feel comressor running!

We can hear it even from bedroom , that i some 40 feet away! we must have very sensative ears haha!!!

I checked feet on mine and it came with suspenssion and muffle type rubber feet , so I can not improve its performance, the Thomas compressors are very high quality and pricy and we can live with it.

Recently , I replaced its check valve and the main valve ( metal body ) and now compressor kicks in every 2-3 hrs ( before it was like 40 minutes ) love it ! living full time and when you set your lunch chairs on the entry side is right where the compressor bay is located, so every 30 minutes cycle can drive you crazy!!!

What brand compressor do you have ? perhaps might be other than Thomas brand.

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

chester has a junair similar to mine.

tom

Les, I recently purchased a new Jun-Air on eBay for $150 which lists for 10 times that much. If you can find the same thing, for a few bucks you can completely eliminate the noise.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

there are quite few junairs for sale on ebay right now for under 200 bucks

now for my air door story. i got the rebuild kit from newell (thanks steve). i am getting to be a airdoor expert (especially after about a dozen calls to jim at newell)

i replumbed it with new quick disconnect fittings and new tubing. it is all metric. then i took the cylinder apart after taking all the air connections and valve off. 4 long bolts hold the cylinder on and you can remove them with the assembly still mounted. there was a rubber/plastic seal that was broken on the bottom plate. i had to really work hard to get the entire assembly apart including the "puck" which is the air piston. it was really stuck on there. some wd40 and a rubber hammer eventually got it off.

i put 2 new seals, 3 new orings and cleaned it all up and put the grease sealant on. i put it all back together and the air is coming out of the exhaust port when the door is closed and no air leak when it is open. but...the other air leaks were fixed. jim told me to isolate the problem and decide if it is the cylinder leaking by the puck i had to be in the coach, close the door and then disconnect the airline at the air valve on the top. with that airline off, there was no air leaking by the puck out to this line. so the air cylinder is now airtight. that means it has to be the solenoid ac valve. i can now take the air cylinder apart and change the parts out and put it back together in probably 15-30 min. i have done it enough times now.

so the air was not leaking by the puck so the new mac solenoid valve i bought and put in has to be bad. so i had forest pick me up another one at newell and send it to me today (thanks forest).

has to be it. nothing else to try.

tom

(04-17-2013, 02:33 PM)encantotom Wrote:  there are quite few junairs for sale on ebay right now for under 200 bucks

now for my air door story. i got the rebuild kit from newell (thanks steve). i am getting to be a airdoor expert (especially after about a dozen calls to jim at newell)

i replumbed it with new quick disconnect fittings and new tubing. it is all metric. then i took the cylinder apart after taking all the air connections and valve off. 4 long bolts hold the cylinder on and you can remove them with the assembly still mounted. there was a rubber/plastic seal that was broken on the bottom plate. i had to really work hard to get the entire assembly apart including the "puck" which is the air piston. it was really stuck on there. some wd40 and a rubber hammer eventually got it off.

i put 2 new seals, 3 new orings and cleaned it all up and put the grease sealant on. i put it all back together and the air is coming out of the exhaust port when the door is closed and no air leak when it is open. but...the other air leaks were fixed. jim told me to isolate the problem and decide if it is the cylinder leaking by the puck i had to be in the coach, close the door and then disconnect the airline at the air valve on the top. with that airline off, there was no air leaking by the puck out to this line. so the air cylinder is now airtight. that means it has to be the solenoid ac valve. i can now take the air cylinder apart and change the parts out and put it back together in probably 15-30 min. i have done it enough times now.

so the air was not leaking by the puck so the new mac solenoid valve i bought and put in has to be bad. so i had forest pick me up another one at newell and send it to me today (thanks forest).

has to be it. nothing else to try.

tom

Its amazing how much we can learn about sections of our coaches , I learned so much about Aqua Hot section and about the door panel with the solenoids, we had that open for several days and used by witching solenoids by hand and finally got new part from Newell replaced our self and door is working like new!
I hope you have narrowed down to the bad Mac solenoid and hope you get it working soon!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb