You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

'98 non slide Newell for $89,500

Motorhomes of Texas hasn't posted pictures yet, but the description is there.

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/new...-45--C1631

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Was in this coach.. Very low ceiling height.. Felt like a pre 94 model to me. No air doors inside....

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

If interested, there are now pictures of the coach.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

The word is that the original owner had it built shorter in order to fit into his garage.....

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Anyone on the Forum know what the headroom is in this coach?

What, brand of A/C units were used in 1998 Newell coaches equipped with basement air?

How many A/C units did Newell put in each Newell basement air coach?

Are parts readily available?

Lastly, for 1998 basement A/C - do owners feel
the basement A/C does an adequate job of cooling?

Thanks!

Robert in Cape Coral, Florida

the basement airs should have been SCS Fridgette. they went out of business.

this one likely has 1 double and 1 single unit. or it could have 2 doubles.

the circuit boards are available from newell and can be repaired by at least one shop. the rest of theparts should be standard hvac stuff. just may be hard to figure out what they are.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I gave the Blue 1998 coach at MotorHomes of Texas a quick look Monday and felt I was in Forest's coach with no slides. I am 5' 7" so ceiling height was great for myself.

The salon had a Coleman roof A/C with controls in the ceiling unit installed. It was not running but the basement air was and very cool air was coming out of the duct work.

I did not thoroughly look it over but my quick look showed it to be in very good condition. I found a missing exterior dryer vent cover that would be a very easy fix. The exterior was shiny and I bet a fresh application of Wash Wax All or your favorite choice would make it look nearly new.

There were Zip Dee awnings on each window except the very front ones and no large patio awning.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy,

What would be your guestimate of remaining inches of headroom, given your height
of 5'7"?

If for example, one was 6'2" and allowing 2 inches extra space, that would be 9 inches extra
height over head from your perspective as your standing in the coach.

What do you think the ceiling height is from being in the coach?

Thanks,

Robert in Cape Coral, Florida

Robert,

My 1995 U320 Foretravel has a ceiling height I just measured of 6' 7". The Newell is higher that that but I do not know exactly by how much.

I do know the folks at MOT will measure it for you and call you back as they would really like to sell it to you (800.651.1112).

Wish I could give you a better answer.

Rudy

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

(05-01-2013, 03:32 PM)Trainer Wrote:  Robert,

My 1995 U320 Foretravel has a ceiling height I just measured of 6' 7". The Newell is higher that that but I do not know exactly by how much.

I do know the folks at MOT will measure it for you and call you back as they would really like to sell it to you (800.651.1112).

Wish I could give you a better answer.

Rudy

i was in the coach 3 weeks ago... im 6.2 you can walk in the coach but the door thresholds you will smack your head... no pocket air doors all swing doors

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701