You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Battleborn Lithium Batteries

I am happy to share that I am the new owner of #410.  It needs TLC and updating so that is my focus right now. I have purchased the battleborn lithium batteries to replace my house batteries. Already replaced the engine batteries too. My question for help is I was told by battleborn guy that I would need to "reprogram" my inverter for these batteries.  The sales guy forgot to email me the info on how to do and a wiring diagram. I've been on their website and am not able to locate the info. I've emailed twice and called all week and cannot reach anyone. I have 2- 3000w Magnum inverters.  Anyone have any info you can share with me so that I can make the switch this weekend? Apologize in advance if this the wrong place for the thread and any info left out. Just trying to find the information so I don't damage my inverters and such. 

Thank you

I can’t provide any technical advice, but I do like using the trick Richard taught me on searching using AND in between the terms and it turned up this thread.  Not a full blown install explanation, but an interesting read specific to BB and Magnum.

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...AND+magnum

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

I will be happy to help. Warning, I have the hubris to think I have better settings for the BB’s than BB recommends. Here is a thread that demonstrates my approach. http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=1124&page=5  Start at post #50.  Most of the info I will recommend is already contained in the next few pages in that post.

First a couple of questions.

What kind of remote control do you have for the inverters?
Would you say you want maximum power use of the batteries or maximum life for the batteries? I ask because that is important input to battery settings. How do you plan to use the coach? Power pedestal to power pedestal or days of boondocking?

Have you read the manual for your inverters and do you know how to change the settings?

How many BBs are you going to install?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )