You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Trying to plan a “vintage” Rally 1997 or older

I am not leaving out newer that 1997 Newells but trying to see if anyone would also be interested in a "vintage Rally" a gathering of the older Newells. I have listed all members that have stated they are interested but with FB groups and the Gurus now i am up to around 26 interested owners. Finding a campground at that time will be the hard part that can accommodate that many rv's our size and also still have their own reservations met is the challenge.
The Newell rally coordinator wanting me to do a 7 day (+/-) test to see how many older Newell owners would be interested to see if they also would be willing to attend themselves and possibly bring workers that worked/built our coaches at time of their build.

I am more than willing to see if other people would be interested and any help to find/locate a campground that can also accommodate that many Newells would be more than appreciated.
Since I have had no luck with the one primary park i was inquiring with in Little Rock AR, I will be continuing my efforts to secure us a park in the states that i have listed as possibly Rally meeting states so it is a central meeting location for all members/owners.

Thank you Gurus,
Matt

Tom Sawyer
West Memphis

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

Hello Gurus
I am updating my post 02/20/2022 for the Fall Rally I have been working on.
1286 South 8th Street
West Memphis, AR 72301
just over the I-40 bridge from Memphis, TN
The park is located on the Mississippi River
Dates:
October 3-7,2022
We have 30 stone sites and 15 concrete sites
Price:
$40 for stone sites per night
$50 for concrete sites per night
payment is due upfront for the Rally as that is only way we can get and keep the group pricing.
I need to know your coach number and which type of site you would like. If all concrete sites are full you will be reserved under a stone site for the event
The Facebook group: Newell Coach Owners group is your best way of communicating on the event and keeping up to date on it.
Also the easiest way for me to keep track of everything for it as well is if rally members post on there, so I am not having to continue checking various platforms.
Pre coach numbers: please give me a the vin number that you give newell when you contact them instead, so i can have a way of listing you on my running spreadsheet for organization purposes which you can email or PM to me on here along with Year model as well.
I am adding the link to the FB group event i have created for this Rally below
https://fb.me/e/51sLfB05s

Love the park, definitely remind everyone to follow the instructions on the Tom Sawyer website for how to get to the park.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We love that park. Great fun watching the huge barges come by. We were amazed by the power grid for the rv park being 15 ft up power poles to escape some of the spring time thaws. Enjoyed visiting the nearby Bass Pro Shop at the pyramid. Just a short trip to Elvis's home .

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Phyllis and George have site 70

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

I don't Facebook but I am interested. 

Coach 484

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

bonnie and i just made our reservations and will be there..coach #395
leaving conn. heading back to yuma for the winter stopping on the way through
it will be great to meet some fellow newellers !!

We could convoy back together! We haven’t planned our entire trip but wanted to stop at the Newell factory for a peek-a-boo

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312