You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tachometer

The way the drive is designed I don't see how the drivekey could have fallen into the engine. Was yours broken?? Or missing??

Here's something that may help.
http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...pin&page=7

Jimmy

The troubleshooting journey is narrowed down to one of two root causes. The first is that the sensor is not putting out a reliable signal. Turning it with a drill will answer that question. The second is that the drive tang is not turning the sensor. That could be caused by one of two things. The first being the tang is not properly seated in the sensor. The nut that mounts the sensor to the engine is actually a turnbuckle style affair. The problem with tightening it down is that the engagement of the tang in the sensor slot is blind. The second cause could be the tang engagement with the engine is stripped. Any further investigation requires the sensor to be removed and Clarke is suffering from THE crud. Unfortunately I think I gave it to him.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard came over today....we unplugged the generator and spun it with a drill and it sent a signal to the tachometer, so the generator is fine. We then pulled the generator key and it is pristine. l we have determined that the "key" is not turning when the engine is on, and, therefore, not spinning the generator.

Any thoughts why the key is not turning?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I can't see how the sensor is attached to the engine, but I can feel around. There is a right angle gear box of some sort that is bolted to the front of the engine. There is a zerk fitting on the side of the gearbox but the fitting is blocked by a shaft on the water pump. The sensor tang fits securely in the gearbox and there are no signs of broken parts, wear, or scoring on the drive key.

I had Clarke bump the engine and the tang is NOT turning

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Did you put the key in the engine accessory drive to see if it is engaged?? Could u snap a photo of the engine accessory drive? I think there is another shaft. Saw one on eBay for $10. Do you have a parts book for the engine??

Jimmy

Clarke I just sent you an email with some info on the tachometer.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Ok there is another shaft in the right angle drive. If not occasionally lubed. They break. I did see a drive for sale on one of the marine sites and a shaft on eBay. But not enough oomph in my IPhone to search it out.

Jimmy

jimmy, do you ever sleep?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mainly on the road. My vehicle knows the way!!!

Jimmy

Ok take a look here and see if it looks familure: http://www.ebay.com/sch/eBay-Motors-/600...tachometer

Jimmy