You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide seal replacement

I have a 2015 (coach 1517) and everything is fine at this point.  When inspecting the slide seals, a couple of them are showing signs of wear.

What is the "normal" time that these need to be replaced, and what is the cost to have this service done

Thanks

Ken & Karen
2015 Newell (Coach #1517)

Funny...this was just asked on the Facebook group!

To remove the Salon Driver slide is a major task; 10 hours, and that’s just to take the room at to access the seal.

Are you talking about the SEAL, or the SEAL WIPE? Obviously, the seal will be a lot more work.

One gent said he was quoted about $20k for all four slides. That sounds about right, considered the salon alone is around $2000 just to move out.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

I don't believe there is a normal. Everyone I know replaces them when they fail. My coach had the original slide seals when I purchased it in 2010. In 2021 the bedroom seal developed a leak--seal was 22 years old. Had it replaced at Newell. Just under $2000 for the seal & labor. Took about 4-5 hours.

The salon seal has not been replaced and is now 23 years old.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I came to this thread because I am searching for information about seal replacement.
My coach 701 just got air suspension replaced at a truck repair shop, but it is still an air leak on the front-right slide (maybe rear-right? I forgot).
The tech in the shop says they don't work on slides or seal replacement. I wonder how difficult the job is, and whether possible to do oneself.

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

Not difficult for Valid slides , need over extenders i posted dimensions and picture on the site ,no cart required. I changed the driverside bedroom seal at a Guru rally with the help of Roger 1 and Keith Tomaso the hardest part was finding the screws to take the room apart

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

Is there any difference between the early 2000's Valid slides and seals and the newer 2014's Valid slides and seals? I have the 2008 Valid Service Manual VSS90M-001-SM, is there a newer version available? Also where is the air line connection to the seal located and is it a normal quick connect fitting? I was told it may be on the top at the center of the seal. My driver side bedroom has a leak I need to trace which may be the line, connector or the seal.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling