You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New member, NON-owner...yet

We are Forrest and Mary Clark, full-timers from Wisconsin. We sold our house in Beloit and left the kids and grandkids behind at various places in WI in August, 2012. We thought we had our long term "home on the road" when we bought a brand-spanking-new 2012 Fleetwood Terra 34E in the summer of 2011. It served us well for a summer of travels and a few other trips but when we began to live in it full-time the construction deficiencies became obvious. Don't get me wrong. It is a fine coach for a family with a kid or two who take weekend trips most of the warm months and go on one or two longer vacation trips each year. In that scenario, it would be great. It isn't for us.

We ran into Clarke and Elaine Hochwald in Cedar Key, FL, this past winter and enjoyed hearing about their Newell and their experiences with it. We also enjoyed getting to know Clarke and Elaine; they are two great people and Clarke's constant references to the Newell Gurus made me interested in this group. That same month, we also got to meet Forest and Cindy Oliver and see the outside of their beautiful coach. Well, their former coach since they now have a new one.

We are seriously looking at Newell coaches as a replacement for our present coach. And older Newell is what we'll have to get, but the solid construction and dependable operation are important to us. Most of the looking here on the Gurus forum is done by Forrest who dutifully reports to Mary all he is learning. She then asks insightful questions that causes Forrest to go back to reading to find more answers.

Thanks to everyone who has made us feel welcomed in the forum.

Forrest and Mary Clark
Full-timing, formerly from Wisconsin
presently in a 2012 Fleetwood Terra 34E with a 2010 Honda Fit towed,
two kayaks on top of the car as we travel and in the water wherever we can find a place to paddle.

Forrest (and Mary) Clark
Full-timing since August 2012
NON-Newell owners but sure do like hanging out with Newell folks
Towing 2010 Honda Fit behind a 1996 Foretravel U295 40'

Forrest & Mary,
A formal welcome to the forum and good luck in your search! Feel free to ask any questions. Lots of help offered here. A Newell is built for the looooooooooooong run and will last you many years. I have owned my Newell for three years and have found no deficiencies.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Forrest, great to see you formally introduce yourselves. Really hoping you can find "your" Newell!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Forest,

welcome to the gang here. let any of us know if you need any help.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Forest & Mary welcome. Glad to have you on board. Feel free to fire away with any questions you have about any subject relating to RVing.

Enjoy your full timing - Big Grin

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Welcome Forest and Mary. You will find lots of good information here. Since you are full-timers with a coach that you may want to trade in, wander on down to Nacogdoches, Texas, to Motorhomes of Texas. http://motorhomesoftexas.com/ is their web site. They have mainly Foretravels, but also some Newells, so you might be able to trade in your coach for one of theirs.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Welcome to full timing! I see that you have kayaks. We bought a sea eagle - blow up kayak. We haven't gotten an opportunity to get it in the water yet but looking forward to it. Maybe we well run into you. Happy Newell shopping - we love our rig!

James and Carol Brooks,
formerly from Tulsa, OK
2008 Newell #1242
2012 Jeep Sahara
Sea Eagle Kayak

Welcome Forrest and Mary...I can relate to:
" Most of the looking here on the Gurus forum is done by Forrest who dutifully reports to Mary all he is learning. She then asks insightful questions that causes Forrest to go back to reading to find more answers."
!!!
My wife does the same thing!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(04-16-2013, 05:56 AM)homeonwheels Wrote:  Welcome to full timing! I see that you have kayaks. We bought a sea eagle - blow up kayak. We haven't gotten an opportunity to get it in the water yet but looking forward to it. Maybe we well run into you. Happy Newell shopping - we love our rig!

We bought a Sea Eagle Kayak a few months ago when we were staying in Cedar Key, FL.....really like it and are looking forward to getting it out again.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Howdy Mary and Forrest-
Welcome to Kayak Guru's !!! errrrr I mean Newell Guru's
We are looking too! Lot's of great folks, knowledge, and fun
to be found here...