You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello from Iowa

Hey everyone Smile

My name is Mark, and I am a new member of this awesome forum. My wife Bethany and I, along with our two young kids, are planning on going full time RV'ing in a monster bus (that's what we call any rig over 40 feet). We are still in the process of looking for the perfect rig. Originally we thought about getting a 5th wheel and a pickup truck, but then I was introduced to the Blue Bird Wanderlodge line, and I fell in love with the idea of having a bus instead. So I set my mind on buying a 2001-2003 model, but then someone told me I should look at Newell, so I did, and the rest is history Smile We absolutely love the mid-entry door, and the body styling.
This forum has provided many useful information for me, so I thank all of you for posting on here. It's a great tool for a new comer/wanna be like myself.
I am looking forward to reading all your posts and engaging in some of the conversations.

Kindest regards,
Mark Cecot

Mark & Bethany,
Welcome to the forum and look forward to your future participation in the forum. Lots of folks around here with coaches & knowledge of them in the vintage you are looking at. Feel free to ask any question--no stupid questions here, just lots of folks willing to help. Don't forget that only Newell owners get 24/7 factory support. Nice to know that some one has your back as you travel this wonderful country. If you want to immerse your self in Newells, take a trip to the factory in Miami, OK. Lots of good info to glean there.

Good luck in your search..............................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Mark and Bethany....WELCOME!!! I joined the Newell Classic forum a month before I actually purchased my 1982 Newell back in 2008, and it was knowing that this support group was here to back me up that helped me take the plunge.....well, I should say "helped us" take the plunge. The support you find here is no illusion. I have spent time on the phone with many of the guys here solving problems with our coach, and over the course of time, have met many of them in person, and spent time at their homes with our coach fixing things. The support is wonderful, but the unexpected bonus, or blessing, if you will, is the friendships that have developed. We are currently in West Virginia spending time Newell owners, Richard and Rhonda Entriken.....today Richard is coming over to the RV Park where we are staying to help me recharge my dash A/C, and fix my tachometer. Yesterday we spent the day hiking at Carter Caves State Park in Kentucky with them. If you can make it to Spearfish, SD this summer to our mini rally come! You don't have to have a Newell....there are Cabins there at the RV park you can rent. We would love to have you!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Mark & Bethany,

Welcome to the forum. I second Steve's idea of making a road trip to Miami, OK. Although there is not much in town besides the factory, it is not far away from a lot of fun stuff in NW Arkansas. Seeing a Newell started from a single piece of steel progress to the final product is really a treat! There is much eye candy below the pretty paint.

Good luck with your search!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama