You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Dishwasher Replacement- Single Drawer

My dishwasher was inop from when I bought it. The PO said he did not use it nor knew if it worked. 
I found that the garbage disposal knockout was still in place so the dishwasher had not been used since the new disposal was installed. This was the same mistake I made the first time I replaced a garbage disposal in one of my houses.
I bought a Fisher Paykel Single Drawer Dishwasher DD24S19 N. I did not need a separate install kit.
Installation of the drawer cover was easy-peasy. Getting it square was my main concern. The installation instructions were well thought out for this. You find the center of the drawer using the corners and a straight edge. On the new bracket there is a small hole you put over the center mark previously mentioned, make sure it is parallel with the bottem, then drill and screw carefully.
The bracket in the picture is the old one. I cut the wires from the original on/off switch and left the switch in place.
The only issue is the new dishwasher is vented. The old one wasn't. The vent supplied with the dishwasher would not work in my cabinets. I went to a boat supply house and bought a through hull fixture and installed it at the bottom of my cabinets.

The last picture is the completed install. 
It was easier than I expected.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Nice!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Nice work!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Excellent! Great write up as well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Nice write up. Thanks for taking the time.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )