You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

CR Brakemaster 68

Is there a rebuild kit for these? I would rather keep the original than fit an AD-9. The bottom gaskets have some air leaks. I have been going around with bubble soap finding many leaks. My front Aux compressor went from running every 7 min to 25min. I have three decent leaks discovered that will bring that time distance a little better. In my quest I discovered the air dryer leak. I have looked online to no avail. Maybe someone knows of a site?
Thank you!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

My 316 has that unit. My truck service center says they are not serviceable. I see no reason that it could not be disassembled and cleaned if needed. Gaskets can be made if needed. So far mine has worked flawlessly.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I did find a lower rebuild kit on eBay. Although I bought it, I am most likely going to replace it with the AD-9 unit. Really didn't want to retrofit anything but hate dealing with obsolete parts. I have had the new AD-9 sitting in a box from a previous bus conversion project.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312