You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SGM Dash Air Wiring 2014 Coach

Any data on SGM Dash Air wiring or components?  It is installed on 1482. http://www.sgmcoinc.com/index.html

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

I called SGM and they sent me the wiring diagrams for the dash air. 

In the meantime I did some troubleshooting.  There was no power at the 15 amp Dash A/C Heater Blower fuse receptacle #6.  The 12 VDC fuse panel box in the front driver side bay is manufactured by Spyder.  When opened up to see the circuit board behind the fuse panel  there are a number of Bosch style relays.  I carry spares so I started replacing them one by one until, Voila! the fan started running.  There is evidence of overheating on the terminal and plastic. The Relay is K42, Tyco 0-1432786-1

Here is the SGM Wiring Schematic and the Relay Panel Layout for my SGM serial number M207698 which they converted to SGM Model DO991
.pdf D0991-ES PAGE 1 OF 2.pdf Size: 180.86 KB  Downloads: 1
.pdf D0991-ES PAGE 2 OF 2.pdf Size: 58.84 KB  Downloads: 1

Jim

Here is a photo of the back side of the fuse panel.  K42 is the Dash Air Relay (Removed in the photo).  The red wire connected to position "f" is the dash air power and goes to the dashboard.

I also included the overall views of the fuse panel.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim

Jim,

Thank you for posting. The forum really needs more members to post fixes and solutions for the modern era coaches. We have a ton of experience with the previous era models, but very little with the newer stuff.
FB is great, but not searchable for info like the guru forum is.

Thank you again, and keep it up.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I wasn't sure where to put this, perhaps we need a Dash Air section to eliminate the confusion between that and House Air, perhaps I overlooked a section.

I replaced the Dash Air Condenser Fan and although I failed in this case, as always am interested in keeping funding in my own pocket.  Coach 1482 has the SGM 1060-029 Condenser Fan.  It is a 16" Puller Fan and apparently is a DCM Manufacturing 840025 fan.  The motor, which is normally the only part that needs replaced seems to be a MTR-1008.  That 4" motor has a 5/16" shaft with a pin through it to turn the fan and a slot for a retaining catch; a generic motor won't work.  Measurements are the same.  The electrical plug needs to be removed from the original fan and installed on the new one or the connector replaced.  The SGM is 0.4 Newell Units vs the Motor at 0.1 Units.

Attached Files
.pdf DCM Fans Blowers Motors Catalog.pdf Size: 33.17 MB  Downloads: 1
.pdf Condenser Fan Assembly DCM 840025.pdf Size: 697.63 KB  Downloads: 2

Jim