You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Airventure Oshkosh

We are at Oshkosh now for Airventure week starting next Monday. Third year for us in the Newell, if your here stop by and see us , space L251. We left Texas to escape the 100 degree heat only to battle failure of 2 of the 3 basement ac’s to condenser freon leaks. I have vacuum pump, gauges, lots of R22, torch and silver solder. So repairs almost done. Also failure of wet air tank in rear. Lesson there, automatic drain valves rust shut. The tank isn’t fun to change. Front 2nd air tank same issue, but previous owner drilled the pin hole and placed in a screw. That tank is next on work order.
No other Newell’s seen on trip up, if your into airplanes, this event is to be experienced. I’m a airplane guy, hence why I love Newell’s, just built well like airplanes are.

Terry & Cherie
95 Newell, 45', FMCA Show Coach, Series 60, Allison HT741 4spd, #373

Airplane guy here as well....love our Newell for some of the very same reasons. Wish we were there as well you all have fun!

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Wish we could get back there.  Flew in a number of years ago and pitched a tent next to the plane.  An awesome experience.  Love the warbirds.  If you ever have to chance, the Reno Air Races are also great fun.

Enjoy.

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i