You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fitting at generator slide control

Got a leak at the fitting below.  Would NAPA or someplace like that generally have such a fitting?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Looks like a 1/4"npt elbow x 1/4"? tubing fitting. Napa should have that fitting, also Grainger, McMaster, and others.
Is it leaking where the plastic tubing fits into the fitting? If it's a push on fitting and you have enough slack in the tubing you could pull out the tubing by pushing in on the ring, cut off about 1/2" of the tubing and push it back in. Lots of times the tubing will develop a leak especially if there is any sideways tension on the tubing.
If you replace the fitting try to find a compression type fitting rather than a push on type.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

It’s leaking at the swivel in the elbow itself.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

You don’t really need a swivel elbow there. Order some DOT compression fittings from McMaster, or stop in at you local truck supply shop like Fleetpride.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

That’s what I was thinking too Richard, but with those other things right next to it I’m afraid it won’t line up right when tight.  If I replaced it with exactly what is on there now, does this look right?

Push-to-Connect Tube Fitting for Air, 90 Degree Swivel Elbow, for 1/4" Tube OD x 1/4 BSPT Male

https://www.mcmaster.com/5779K426

Uses a 14mm wrench and my untrained eye thinks it is the tapered thread.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

NO, BSPT is British Straight Pipe Thread. That works with a sealing washer or O ring boss

You want NPT threads. Look at 51915K32. Wouldn’t copy and paste for some reason.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

What I’m confused about is everything I see in NPT is 9/16 and everything 14mm is BSPT. Looks like they are both tapered, but one is 55 degree threads and the other is 60 degree.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

I have the same control... With a cable actuated locking mechanism beside it. Can never remember if push in or pull out is locked!

Anyone know for sure?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Pull out to release push back in to lock.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Thanks Brad.. I will now make a Label! Yay, Dymo

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan