You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

'02 three slide mid entry Newell for $199K

This is one I'd be looking at if I was in the market. Pictures look nice. Very rich looking interior. Bath & a half. Basement grill & freezer. Basement airs. Air operated door. 96,000 miles. Located in Edmond, OK

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2002-New...-110213724

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Great looking coach !
I'm nearby and will go get more pics and give an opinion for anyone
before you make a trip.

(04-11-2013, 07:46 AM)Sundance Wrote:  Great looking coach !
I'm nearby and will go get more pics and give an opinion for anyone
before you make a trip.

I am very interested in buying this coach. I have e-mailed the owner for more pics as I found it on Newell Classified which had only four pics. I would appreciate an opinion from you if it is not too much trouble.

Also, since I know little about a Newell and what to look for regarding the coach's condition, I would really appreciate any assistance you can give on a personal inspection when and if I go to look at it.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

(04-11-2013, 10:26 AM)afrench Wrote:  When she's clean she sure does shine!! Big Grin

Thanks, Al, I understand,

I spoke to Rick this morning. He has someone coming to look at the coach this afternoon. If that person does not buy it, I have commited to Rick that I will buy the coach at his asking price. He has agreed to hold it for me if the person coming today doesn't buy it. Rick said that there are a few little things that will need "fixin" and I'm hopeful that they are not sufficient to concern me on my inspection. It's difficult to buy a coach when it's in OK and you are in CA because the pics just don't tell the whole story.....

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

Chuck, if it turns out that you are sucessful and need something... like someone to admire your good fortune.. or a ride or look .. I'm in OKC 4 days a week @ Twin Fountianss RV park.. .. 20 min from Edmond... if so just PM me...

Jimmy

(04-11-2013, 01:15 PM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  Chuck, if it turns out that you are sucessful and need something... like someone to admire your good fortune.. or a ride or look .. I'm in OKC 4 days a week @ Twin Fountianss RV park.. .. 20 min from Edmond... if so just PM me...

Excellent! Jimmy,

I would really appreciate some help in inspecting this coach. I've owned Bluebirds over the years, but never a Newell. I do not know enough about a Newell to inspect it properly.

So.. thank you so much, if it works out, I will surely be contacting you.

Chuck

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

hi chuck, i would also be willing to help as much as possible. i cant go see it, but i know the 02's pretty well (remembering as steve says, no two newells are the same)

i will pm you my phone

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The good ones at a good price, pop up quick and sell quick. Seeing it in person is the only way to evaluate condition, but that is one beautiful coach!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I agree that is a pretty coach. I tried to look at pics to get see if I could see any trouble areas...but could not.

I did however see something unusual. What is that gauge to the left of drivers seat? It sticks out away from the "armrest" where the transmission stuff is. Worth looking at.

Also, although my coach had more miles the seat looked "newer". It turned out that all the air controls in mine were leaking. So I would pay attention to the seat to make sure all is good.

Like other have said, a close in person inspection is the only way to tell.

Maybe Tom should publish a checklist document that we could all contribute to that has items to inspect. Smile

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

i just posted a checklist that i had. it is in the documents "other" section.

i am sure we could come up with one in addition to it. it is just a starting point

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH