You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Roadking Shock Opinions

Gang,

My coach is approaching 170,000 miles and I am thinking about all the things that can wear on a coach with this many miles. I know that the major parts are made to run millions of miles....but the life of an RV is significantly harder than the average highway truck.

so...

Does anyone have experience/opinion with these shocks?

http://www.roadkingshocks.com/index.html

I am thinking about replacing the shocks for general purposes...not that I have a particular complaint. I would love for some of the more experienced Newell owners to weigh in.

thanks,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I can't give you much on the subject of shocks Bill, as I leave those things up to the experience of my service center. However we are currently closing in on the 300,000 mile mark and we still have the original shocks, brakes and air bags with the exception of the pass side rear bags which were just replaced a couple months ago. I believe replacement depends quite a bit on how you use the Coach. The largest portion of our travels has been solely on Interstates which, with some exceptions, is pretty easy on these 3 components. Our service center gets to see the coach 2-3 times per year and they check those 3 items along with tire wear each time. The only serious problem we've experienced was the failure of our engine compressor. It took a few days to find the proper replacement as I sat along the side of I-40. Hope this helps a little.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue