You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

a valve underneath the driver seat compartment, and location of the 12V compressor

I was going through opening each bay door in search of a 12V compressor, as my understanding my 701 has the main compressor run by the engine, a 110v compressor, and a 12V compressor run on electricity. But so far, I have not been able to locate the 12v compressor. Anyone can shed some light on the location of the 12v compressor? 

In the compartment directly under the driver's seat, I see there appears the 110V compressor. With the engine off and shoreline 50amp power connected, this compressor only turns on when both the engine battery and house battery switch are turned ON. 

Fine, but in what situation the 12v compressor will start to run, making some noise to allow me to find it? 

My second question is, there is a valve underneath the driver seat compartment; what's the purpose/function of this valve?

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

On 712 the valve under the drivers seat turns off the air to the Boide door allowing you to pull down on the door to release the door from the wedges and pull it open , you have a similar valve inside beside the passenger seat allowing you to do the same thing from inside the coach. My 12 v compressor is inside my aqua hot compartment it is turned on by the Spyder control over the stove or the buttons over the aqua hot compartment.

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

(10-05-2022, 09:18 PM)johnkosir Wrote:  On 712 the valve under the drivers seat turns off the air to the Boide door allowing you to pull down on the door to release the door from the wedges and pull it open , you have a similar valve inside beside the passenger seat allowing you to do the same thing from inside the coach. My 12 v compressor is inside my aqua hot compartment it is turned on by the Spyder control over the stove or the buttons over the aqua hot compartment.

Thank you very much John!

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control