You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Main salon slide rebuild

Its almost done! All that is left is to bolt up the bolster to the header, I'm not happy with the fitment its higher on one end than the other. I'm constantly trying to figure out what was factory and what was a monkey with a wrench. Kathleen has spend hours if not days steam cleaning the carpet, I have been warned not to be myself.

The last picture was about a month ago.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Nice work!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you Richard!

Gravette, Arkansas

Wow, fantastic! Looks like it was never touched! First class work!

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Thank you Simon, I took the bolster off yesterday and modified the mount, it was high by .5 inch on one side and stuck out further on one end by .5 inch. Now its nice and tight. Today we start on another project.

Gravette, Arkansas

Jack, you and your wife are amazing!  The project required so many hours and it is nearly impossible for us readers to comprehend all the challenges you have overcome.  The finished product is extraordinary..

Thank you for sharing.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Thank you Gordon, we enjoy this type of thing and there is no one I know I would rather work with than her. I will say if not for this forum and the knowledge of the people here this would have been a nightmare or I would have spent thousands at Newell to get it back into shape. I have burned up the search engine on this forum and its amazing how much information there is here from gearheads like myself. We have lots of repairs in front of us and this forum is the best tool I have.

Gravette, Arkansas