You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New LG mini split heat pump on the way

While waiting on my new studs for the tag axle I started closing loose ends, things I've been waiting to do. First on the list was to build some type of plenum for the mini split compressors to divert all the hot air from the compressor out the vent in the bottom of the AC compartment. I had some of the double sided aluminum poly core sign board left so that is what I used. I have 2 compressors so the material I have left over from the slide remodel will be slim, I improvised by using polycarbonate panel that I had laying around it wasn't to make it look good just so I can finish the project without buying another 4'x8' sheet of the sign board then have to drive to Joplin to get it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Jack that looks real sharp! Great job! Are you going to change the door grill area to match the exhaust duct cross section?

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks Steve no sir I'm done soon as I finish the other side. We did however install WiFi remote control via Cielo module and you can place it in different locations to find the best spot for overall temperature control. The remote controls either had you to cold or hot depending on the location of the remote made for a house more than an RV.

Gravette, Arkansas

Jack
That looks great, you always impress.
As you know I vent thru the floor too, and was concerned with exhaust bleeding to intake so I put half a peice of snap together ducting on the ground between the vent holes underbelly kinda like a an a frame tent but there is no frame. It absolutely works separating the exhausted air but I've seen no real effect on the performance

Arch & Mary Jones
1997 Newell #463
Williamsburg, VA or Gettysburg, PA 
depending on what day it is

Nice work! That's talented stuff.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Arch your ductwork is a piece of art, who ever made those has his stuff together. I had no problem with nothing between the intake and exhaust of the mini splits all summer but did notice it was hot in that bay so this should cure that.

Thanks Simon, you fabricate a lot and if you ever need something strong and lite I recommend that sign board, not cheap $220 1/4" thick 4x8 panel.

Gravette, Arkansas

(09-15-2023, 04:05 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Thanks Simon, you fabricate a lot and if you ever need something strong and lite I recommend that sign board, not cheap $220 1/4" thick 4x8 panel.

$220 is cheap compared to how many Benjamins have been evading my wallet lately!  Big Grin

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312