You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Passing of a Guru

I received a call that Chappel Jordan passed away. He owned coach #505. He was a wonderful man. My condolences to his wife Mary. 

Rest In Peace my friend………

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

My deepest sympathies and condolences to the family. We met them at the Spearfish rally. Wonderful people indeed.

I was saddened when I heard the news. He was truly a Southern gentlemen. Let us cherish every day we are given to spend with our friends and loved ones.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I will miss Chappel. He was a good man with street smarts. Those are becoming fewer and fewer each day.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I met Chappell when we bought our '98 Newell. He had been looking at it for a few weeks and finally made the decision to buy it. Right after I put a deposit on it. We met on our way to Spearfish and became good friends. Every time we passed through Nacogdoches we'd stop and visit, go out to dinner, have a few glasses of wine, and tell great stories (mostly listen to his stories). He was a remarkably talented man, from his clockworks, to his wood working. If you've ever had the privilege of seeing his home you'd be amazed. I've never seen so many clocks!
We spoke with Mary Elizabeth last week and she is doing ok.
Yes Chappell was a southern gentleman and his wife was a true Georgia peach. Cindy and I will miss him dearly.
RIP Chappell.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

what an amazing man. when we visited them at their home it was a step back in time in their victorian home that was a true clock museum.

he was always kind, gentle and thoughtful and loved visiting with him.

thinking about him makes me smile.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We're on our way to our cabin for a month or two. Yesterday we stopped to visit Mary in Nacogdoches and she graciously invited us to stay in her home. She is doing well, misses Chappell greatly but does have a daughter and 2 granddaughters living nearby. Took her out to dinner and then spent the night talking and reminiscing about Chappell.
Mary said to tell all of her Newell friends Hi.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337