You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Noobie looking for a Newell

Hey y'all, my name is Bill, I live in north central Texas about 60 miles north of Dallas, up by lake Texoma. I have been looking for an older Newell, I really like the mid to late 80s models, definitely want a Detroit pusher, I like them most of all, because they remind me of a bus, and that is the look that I want, that and the mid entry door. I have been wading through adds that pull up on google, only to find that they are years old adds, found two here in Texas, but no reply, so I assume they are not         still for sale, see pictures, anyway if anyone has a lead on one for sale, in driving condition, as I am not looking for a project, but I do want something that I can maintain into my old age, if I can find a nice one, it will be passed down to my family. We are raising our two grandsons, and they love to travel, and go camping.

It will work itself out
It always does
At the last drop of doubt
Just like it never was

I would watch RVTrader.com and RVT.com

Put in a Search criteria and then save that with an Alert set up. Not too many out there prior to 90's though.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Yes, that is what I have discovered. I was looking for a bus conversion before I stumbled on that 89 Newell up in North Carolina, and that is exactly what I'm looking for. With a bus conversion, except for Prevost, most were charters before converted, and have 100s of thousands, of not a million miles on them. But with a Newell the miles on the clock are the actual miles on the coach, which is a big plus to me. I've yet to find anything but old adds so far, that blue one may have already sold.

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was

Hi Bill
I'm just north of you in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area. I'd also add Facebook Marketplace as a place to look. If you want a broader search engine try searchtempest.com on that one you can check all the Craigslist adds and the Facebook marketplace ones. To be fair the years you're looking for are out there. Depending on your budget you can also get into a 2003 4 slide coach I've seen advertised in this area for a lot less then 200k.
I love the idea of buying it and going right away.
A few of us have gone the other way and looked for a project that needed a lot of work that in my case has been ongoing for years.
Of course even the newer one less then 400k are still almost 20 years old, I would anticipate some fix up items on most but the really new one. Think earthquake on wheels.
Anyway good luck on your search, it's half the fun according to me.

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Thanks John, yeah, I am watching in several different places, and still opened to bus conversions as well, not the Skoolie route, even some of those are nicely done, and some sellers, because they have so much invested, paying dollar for dollar for every system, want what you could buy a newer Newell or Prevost for. With economy continuing to crash, and the looming diesel fuel shortage hoax on the horizon, more and more people will be selling, especially the ones in debt, and that is what I am watching for.

It will work itself out
It always does
Just like it never was