You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Add Outlets to Inverter Circuit

During this trip I used the inverter for a couple of overnights and it worked great.

That being said, it does not power the outlets at the dinette nor the one up font by the back of the passenger seat. They work fine on shore power and on generator.

I have been reading through as many inverter threads as i can to see how i can add those outlets to the inverter. Mainly for a laptop and USB charging. So, very low amp draw.

In my 1995 I have the inverter in the bay ahead of the wet bay (far away from water!) I didn't see any distro boxes in the bay. I do see romex going up into the floor.

Also, slightly off topic, with 6 200ah AGM batteries any idea what should the bank size be set to on a Xantrex inverter?

Thanks All!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

No one?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

rick, next to your inverter there should be a breaker box. it will have the circuits that are powered by the inverter in there on breakers. you would have to get any circuit you wanted powered by the inverter to go to it. meaning you would have to find the romex for that circuit and route it to the inverter. easier said than done.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It's actually pretty easy to find the romex with a wire tracer. Wire tracer on Amazon. It doesn't work on energized circuits, but I use a universal male electrical plug with a short pigtail to hook the tone generator up to the hot and ground wires without having to expose the outlet.

It works through walls, I've used it in my house to find a break in a circuit.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad