You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bode door,

Coach 647 2003,
Bode door will not close or open by push button, i have tried adjusting air setting. Sometimes i can get to work for a few tries then quits again.
Any help be appreciated, James Price

Front or mid door? There are a couple of 12 VDC relays in addition to the pneumatics. They are in the cabinet behind the button on my mid door. Of course yours may be different.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

my 02 probably has the same controls as yours....probably.

i have worked on several air doors.

something to check first is if the lock is on. i am sure you can remember hearing the clacking of the relay when you lock and unlock the door using the keypad or the switch inside. if you have not done it, make sure you can hear that and cycle it a few times. sounds like that is probably not the case since you get it to work once in a while.

as i am sure you already know as well that there are air release valve for both inside and outside. my outside one is in the bay door to the left of the mid bode door that i have. the inside one is in my cabinet immediately to the left as you come up the steps.

on mine, the control box and relays are in that same inside cabinet at the back of it. the relays and wiring are behind a removable carpeted panel. mine is a mid door. so if yours is a front door, then i do not know where it is. all of the control wiring comes into a block of relays in that area. i dont think there were many front entry coaches in 03.

so to help me understand, does the door make a swoosh sound when you push the button or just do nothing. mine once in a while will not open or close and just make a wooshing air noise and or just go part way. that is usually the mac valve in the door mechanism under the long laminate cover. i replaced mine once and it worked for many years and now once in a while does that. if i recycle the door button sequence a time or two then it works.

lots of rambling

here is a thread that contains the wiring diagram and some other info on wiring that is the wiring that goes from the keypad to the relay cluster in that cabinet.

https://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?t...ight=essex

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Attached is a 2010 Newell Schematic.  It may be somewhat different than yours but I would think the opening & closing has not changed much.  At least it will give you an idea of the wiring required to actuate the air valve.  If yours has the 711 Impulse Relay and the 755 Latching Relay it should be nearly the same.

BTW, I was able to acquire a couple of spare 755 relays but the 711 seems non-existent in 12 VDC.

Attached Files
.pdf Bode Electrical Schematics.pdf Size: 614.47 KB  Downloads: 29
.pdf Magnecraft Relays.pdf Size: 299.69 KB  Downloads: 15

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

awesome. i had to figure alot of that out myself when i was working on them.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH