You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cleaning the bottom side

Starting the painting of the engine/transmission and chassis. With this now being oil leak free, it was time to take care of 30 years of built up crud. I am starting with the silver paint (High heat) and will clear coat it all in high heat gloss. Chassis will receive a rolled on coat of Por 15 chassis paint. Takes a bit of time to mask things. I hope to make it look like it's 5 years old under there instead of 30!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Simon that is beautiful. Nice Job!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

A neighbor once commented to Rhonda, “Richard sure does spend a lot of time working on that RV, and I guess a lot of money too”. Her reply, “it’s cheaper than a mistress, and I know where he is”

Sounds like you are having fun.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Very true Richard! We chose not to have kids when we got married. (possible child mental health issues hereditary on her dads side) This and my other money spending antics are what would have been their college fund. Would have loved to have kids but Marie was not going to chance it. Truthfully, early on, neither was I. Her brother is 56 with mental and physical issues. As Marie says about me, "I can see where he's at, he's always early for dinner and he keeps a tidy house"!
I do enjoy this old bus. I hope to have it all ready and done to my standards including paint before I die Wink

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Coming along! I need to clean the stainless steel battery boxes. Easy Off for that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Wow, that's very impressive!

Joe Zhao @ Greenville TX 75402
2004 Newell Coach 701, 45-8, 4 Slides, Front Entry
Detroit Diesel 60 w/DDEC, Allison 6-Speed AT, ZF Suspension w/Steerable Tag, ZF Auto Traction Control

If you decide to apply spray foam overhead investigate “foam beak”.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hi Richard! I did see the foam beak. I’m not going to do anything with spray foam. Most if not all is still intact. I’ve been painting over it to give it some protection.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312