You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Replacement air tank

I replaced the air tank in basement compartment R-1 with the below air tank. The old one developed leaks due to rust on the inside. Only about 50% of coaches of my vintage even have this air tank in R-1.

This tank would also be a replacement for the air tank in the front of the RR wheel well. All coaches of my vintage, to my knowledge, have this air tank. The key to not having to replace any of these air tanks is to keep them drained of water.

http://www.amazon.com/Viair-91025-VIAIR-...r+air+tank

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(04-15-2013, 03:50 PM)rheavn Wrote:  I replaced the air tank in basement compartment R-1 with the below air tank. The old one developed leaks due to rust on the inside. Only about 50% of coaches of my vintage even have this air tank in R-1.

This tank would also be a replacement for the air tank in the front of the RR wheel well. All coaches of my vintage, to my knowledge, have this air tank. The key to not having to replace any of these air tanks is to keep them drained of water.

http://www.amazon.com/Viair-91025-VIAIR-...r+air+tank

Steve our 2001 coach has about the same air tank.

Looks like great deal u have found on line ! I need to check mine!
I think we have about 8-9 air tanks total , several in sqare and flat/oval shapes and 3-4 like you are posting.

We had our coach work on and replacing breake pads and was good time to check all tanks, we did not! ran out of time ! it was good chance to look at them close, perhaps next time we do front wheel conversion.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

If any one chooses to use this tank, beware that the threads came very dirty. I had to run a 1/4" NPT tap through them all to get a good seal.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531