You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6 pack leaking?

In the evening time I dump all the air from the airbags then press the stop button on the HWH air bag control then switch off ignition switch. We turn off the compressor so the neighbors don't have to listen to it during the night then in the morning the coach is passenger side high divers side low. Turn on the ignition switch select level and press passenger side down airbags and Air bleeds out till the coach is level again. I have new six packs rebuild kits from Tom and just curious is this from them leaking by?

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

what you are describing is the drivers side front leaking down. that will make the passenger side look to be high as it tilts.

as for what can be leaking down it could be anything from the six pack to the lines to the bag.

does it hold air overnight if you didnt let the air out?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That's interesting Tom because I have a leaking tag air bag drivers side. My plan is to change it out as it seems to be leaking from the bottom not the top. The airbags have been replaced at some point in time they look relatively new but who knows. My eBay purchase of the cosmo ray gun found that after I replaced the air dryer which is right behind it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gravette, Arkansas

the tag airbags are notorius for leaking by the bag separating from the metal base. lots of posts on here about that.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Getting the airline fitting off the tag bag is easy. Put a quart of slime in that bag.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-30-2023, 06:12 PM)Richard Wrote:  Getting the airline fitting off the tag bag is easy. Put a quart of slime in that bag.
Great idea can't hurt anything! 

How would the air be getting back into the airbags if the system was dumped and turned off?

Gravette, Arkansas

I don’t quite understand the juxtaposition of “ I dump all the air from the bags” and “in the morning the passenger side is high and the driver side is low”. If the airbags are truly dumped the coach will be sitting on the bump stops inside the bag.

With no compressor and the HWH off the bags will not inflate, even if the six pack raise solenoid was leaking like a sieve. There is no air pressure to inflate the bag.

Maybe I dont understand what you mean by dumping the air bags.

This is a great time to build yourself one of the air system isolator tools. Inserting the tool between the six pack and the air bag will tell you quickly what is going on.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

I'm more than likely didn't convey that message properly let me start over. I can dump all the airbags till you hear no air leaking out of the six packs and it is sitting on the bump stops in the evening prior to turning off the compressor. There is air pressure that stays in the system all night long but of course leaks down, in the morning the passenger side is higher than the driver's side. I then turn on the key press the level button once then press the passenger side down key and air comes out of the airbags. Then I start the compressor after everybody's woke up.

I have all the components on board to build the quarter inch isolation valve as you outlined in one of your threads, I have purchased all the components and brought with me to build it just haven't gotten around to it because of everything else. On a good note my wife and I went to the clinic yesterday and received shots of steroids and antibiotics for our respiratory deal. The doctor said we are bacterial not infectious and it should clear up in a few days. This vacation has started out pretty rough hopefully things get smooth here shortly.

Gravette, Arkansas

Got it, the residual pressure is trying to fill either the front or rear air bags on the passenger side. Can you tell if the exhausted air is coming from the front or the back?

There are two ways this can happen in the scenario that you have described. One, the travel solenoid six pack valve is leaking on that side. The Height control valves always have system pressure. It is the travel solenoid that isolates the HCV from the air bag.

Two, the raise solenoid valve is leaking. The six pack always has system pressure from the 3/8 line entering at the end of the six pack. If the raise solenoid is leaking by, then the system pressure will flow into the airbag until the pressures are equalized.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Yes sir the exhaust is coming from the front. Is the travel solenoid six pack under the drivers area? I will have to build a 3/8 isolation tool also.

Gravette, Arkansas