You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bennett shifter

While I was doing some cleaning up under the bus, I pressed against a hose and heard air escaping. There is a line that goes from the aux air tank manifold at the rear of the coach and to the shifter. I am not sure why they have a rubber line tied into the hose. Can I just have a new hose made in one piece and skip the short rubber section? I was thinking braided stainless. There is space behind the shifter module but the only way to remove/install the hose is by removing the shifter from the transmission. I had to cut off one bolt for removal. Either way, I always replace hardware. What is the consensus of going with a one piece hose?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I don't know about you Simon but I get excited every time I find a leak, I would use braded hose for sure, any kind of metal tubing could freeze and break, even a piece of EFI fuel hose from your standard auto parts store would be great, EFI fuel hose is generally good for 100 psi.

You and I have a lot in common, neither of us can stand still when you see something to be done.

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

Braided hose X one .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand