You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Resealing windows

Excellent idea!

1999 45' with tag axle, #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas

(02-17-2023, 01:49 PM)Richard Wrote:  Just an idea before fabbing anything, play with painters tape. Sealing different seams and transitions around the window area while having a long driving day. Dont forget about the weep holes.

Also on the huge peninsula windows, giant zip ties can be used under the sliding section to shim the window up and quieten noise. Smooth side, not rippled, side up of course. They are sometimes used for house duct work
Thanks for the tips.  Only thing I tried so far was the weep holes and that was not it.  Gotta figure it out as it’s literally my only annoyance in an otherwise zen like driving experience :-).

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

The driver mirror, seams, windshield gasket, and sliding window create all kinds of opportunities for noise in that area.

BTW, I never made mine go away either. I did remove the screen on that side which eliminated an annoying rattle.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yesterday was the drivers window reseal you can see we are using a bead of a some type of tar sealant, it worked great on the salon windows so we are continuing with it all the way around the coach. I removed the seat and also the Howard steering unit which doesn't work so I might just remove all the components. Is there a separate compressor for the Howard system? Found out the airbag for the seat is perfect so I ordered a 2 position center off pneumatic switch I will mount on the control panel below the light switch's. Also while everything is apart we installed the cameras for the right and left side, the view will be great to see any blind spots, also one on top of the coach pointed down to see what is in front and the rear camera will be a 180 degree camera. The monitor is mounted in the dog house where the old TV was located. This is a home security system and will have a dual purpose, one for viewing traffic and the other will be a security system while we are gone. We have starlink so it will be possible to view whats going on with an app.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gravette, Arkansas

(02-16-2023, 12:36 PM)360 Wrote:  Seeing that window out makes me think about my drivers side which has what to me is considerable wind noise.  Thought maybe it was my mirror, but after adjusting it to an entirely different position that does not seem to be it.  Just wondering if anyone else has ever removed and re-sealed a window in an effort to cut down on wind noise?
Yesterday we drove to Orlando to change out the rear bushings on the coach and it is much quieter! Not sure but maybe the old sealant was allowing air to whistle through between the window and coach. There's a bet I would have lost.

Gravette, Arkansas

Jim, was wondering how you fastened those spoilers to the window edges.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

(03-20-2023, 02:58 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Yesterday we drove to Orlando to change out the rear bushings on the coach and it is much quieter! Not sure but maybe the old sealant was allowing air to whistle through between the window and coach. There's a bet I would have lost.

Looks like I'll be deploying Richards tape idea first around my seam and with any luck I have the same problem you did.  Thanks for the follow up.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

(03-21-2023, 09:05 AM)Tony Van Helden Wrote:  Jim, was wondering how you fastened those spoilers to the window edges.
Auto Glass Boss was there doing my foggy windows and used this Sikaflex product.  Joe, who owns Auto Glass Boss did several things to help out while he was here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Sorry I'm didn't correspond correctly, all we did is reseal the old windows we did not add the wind screen louvers. I think the old sealant was so bad on the leading edge it was coming in at that area, really can't say for sure but they great right now.

Gravette, Arkansas

Jack,
What kind of sealant did you use on your windows? On our coach, looks like original sealant, they used Butyl bedding tape.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL