You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cooktop & convection oven

We have. 2-burner cooktop - I hate saying this -- it's great for boiling water but not for cooking, so got a very nice electric skillet - and already know I will use it a lot! I don't care for the convection/microwave but getting used to it. I think there's a piece missing whch enables you to bake without using the turntable so I need to look into replacing that piece. I tried baking in a rectangular pan but it wouldn't rotate due to its size and shape, so one side was over cooked. Anyone else have these issues, or is it me? I will copy this post to the "ladies" section too.

James and Carol Brooks,
formerly from Tulsa, OK
2008 Newell #1242
2012 Jeep Sahara
Sea Eagle Kayak

James & Carol,
Suzy has now used a microwave/convection oven for 12 years. Like you, she started out not liking it. Now she loves it and wants one for the house. Do you have a Sharp microwave/convection? The reason why I ask is I had to replace mine and have two of everything. If I have what you need, I'll send it to you.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

No, not a sharp, thank you though!

James and Carol Brooks,
formerly from Tulsa, OK
2008 Newell #1242
2012 Jeep Sahara
Sea Eagle Kayak

We love that oven. Best baked potatoes ever. I cooked a Tday turkey in ours. You do have to use a pan that will rotate.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-16-2013, 10:22 AM)rheavn Wrote:  James & Carol,
Suzy has now used a microwave/convection oven for 12 years. Like you, she started out not liking it. Now she loves it and wants one for the house. Do you have a Sharp microwave/convection? The reason why I ask is I had to replace mine and have two of everything. If I have what you need, I'll send it to you.

Steve - What, may I ask is the model number of the Sharp microwave/convection oven you have in your coach and year of manufacture?

Thanks much!

RB1 - Robert in Cape Coral, Florida

Robert,
I have a Sharp R-930AK-P. The first one was made in 1997/8. The one I replaced it with is the same model, but made in 2010. There were no visible changes.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531