You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

C2 Aquahot wire

On my Aquahot harness. Coming out of the C2 pin I have a RED wire. C2 is Motor 12V+ this is split out of the harness and goes to a bare, broken connector. Any idea what it is supposed to attach to.

Never mind. Looks like it goes to the center cube relay for the circulation pumps.

If I am wrong, please let me know.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Morning Rick, The red wire that is joined to the black wire on the C-plug is connected to the bottom conection of the center relay. It is called the "Diode Wire".

Its purpose is to run the center zone pump anytime the burner motor is running which stirs the coolant tank providing uniform temp to the coolant, no hot and cold spots. The diode prvents the center relay from back feeding power to the C-plug when the center relay is running the center pump and the fan coils in the center of the coach for interior heating.

I cut the red diode wire and install pull apart connectors so as to have more slack when removing the burner for service. If your red wire is not continous, please install a connector.

Hope this helps you all.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Diode Wire.. interesting... Where do they hide the diode?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Mine is in line with the wire. Unwrap the protective covering over the wire bundle and look.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )