You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

TPMS Display on Silverleaf 650 Dash - Pressure Pro

I connected the Silverleaf J1708 Bridge I had used in previous coaches to the J1939 connection beside the driver and the Pressure Pro TPMS sensors are displayed on the Silverleaf 650 Dash Display.  I wanted TPMS from the Toad to be displayed but had enough sending units for all 12 tires.  That J1939 connector is wired with J1708 Bus wiring as well as the J1939 CanBus.  The J1939 connector at the engine does not have the J1708 Bus wiring.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf Pressure Pro Tire Monitoring Installation Manual.pdf Size: 396.97 KB  Downloads: 16

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

Is there a question, Jim? Can you not get them programmed?

FYI: In our 2015, the Silverleaf VMS 645 is able to set up the TOAD's sensors with NO modifications. Just a simple pairing in the DIAG screen.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

(05-04-2023, 01:38 PM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  Is there a question, Jim? Can you not get them programmed?

FYI: In our 2015, the Silverleaf VMS 645 is able to set up the TOAD's sensors with NO modifications. Just a simple pairing in the DIAG screen.
I did get them programmed using the Bridge.  I tried without the Bridge, no joy, that would have been nice.  Perhaps you are using a newer version of sending units on the tire, mine are the old originals?

Jim

(05-04-2023, 04:22 PM)hypoxia Wrote:  
(05-04-2023, 01:38 PM)CaptainGizmo Wrote:  Is there a question, Jim? Can you not get them programmed?

I did get them programmed using the Bridge.  I tried without the Bridge, no joy, that would have been nice.  Perhaps you are using a newer version of sending units on the tire, mine are the old originals?

Well, interestingly enough, you say your's is a 650, whereas my notes are for a 645; you'd think our dash would be "newer" if anything.

As for the sensors, they haven't changed models. HOWEVER...they DO lose their battery strength; have you bought NEW ones? If not, well it's entirely possible they're dead...or too weak to pair. They normally will only last for 5 years before getting weak; the battery is NOT replaceable on them.

For people who don't know, when 1 or 2 flake out, I say to drive the TOAD up close to the front of the coach or along side and see if the dash picks up all the sensors.

Otherwise, I'd buy a new set from:
Steve at L&S Safety
Telephone: 1-800-521-6820

I've attached the order form, just in case.

Attached Files
.pdf ReplacementSensors-11-01-20.pdf Size: 85.64 KB  Downloads: 11

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Steve, I had to give the numbers on the sending units to get the correct ones, I think there are different models, I did get new ones for the toad.  I need to check on that.  They did connect using the bridge, I would be very happy to avoid using the bridge.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jim

(05-04-2023, 08:56 PM)hypoxia Wrote:  Steve, I had to give the numbers on the sending units to get the correct ones, I think there are different models, I did get new ones for the toad.  I need to check on that.  They did connect using the bridge, I would be very happy to avoid using the bridge.

Jim,

Well, yeah...I meant to say there's only "one" version that we use on our's...the LEGACY model.

I didn't see that photo of the model of your dash...I do now.  Strange.

In your original post, though, you really weren't specific as to exactly WHAT the issue is. Sorry, being nit-picky with words, just so I can understand.

Are ANY of your sensors working, or are only the coach's?

How did the system work prior to the Bridge?

It may be time to ask Newell if they install those bridges on ALL of our era (teenagers) of coaches. I wonder if the bridge isn't good?

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Apparently there are "Legacy" and "Dynamic" Pressure Pro sensors.  I have Legacy on my vehicles and am wondering if the Dynamic would work without having to use the Bridge.
Steve, I just saw your post, the Pressure Pro is working and displaying on the Silverleaf 650 using my Bridge and does not work at all without it.  I'll have to ask Newell about that.  I will be in Miami in about 10 days.

Jim