You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A bit of remodeling

I thought you all might be interested to see the chunk I cut out of the floor!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

that matches exactly what i saw when i replaced some of the floor on my 90. a full 2" of plywood where it needed support and then a 1/2" piece on the bottom with two 1/2" firring strips with another 1/2" piece on top and foam in between

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have not been happy with the performance of the A/C in the salon area. Since I had everything apart I decided to take some advice from Gordon Hummell and extended the outlet duct that dumped into the cove by adding additional 4" metal ducting. You can see the partition that Newell installed just aft of the driver/passenger seats. I drilled a 4" hole through that so that the air could flow as far forward as possible. I have removed the fluorescent cove lights. I will be installing LED lights in the cove. My friend ,Dave is applying the contact cement to the curved wall that we made. After the Wilsonart laminate is applied we will install it between the kitchen counter and the pantry. I completed the water plumbing and the reworking of the mid-mounted heat/ A/C this evening . I will try to send more pics...It takes me a fair amount of time to upload.....My computer skills are limited.

Here's the pics!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

very impressive. would like to see more pictures.

tom

Here is a shot of the kitchen area. It shows the repositioned HVAC,plumbing, and floor vacuum pipe. The white area on the floor is where the return air entered the plenum below the floor. I had to close that off since the kitchen cupboard was not as wide as the bunk that was there. I had to reposition all of the HVAC and plumbing in this area. Originally this whole area consisted of a bunk and the small toilet room. The black drain pipe was connected to the small hand bowl sink that was in the toilet room. Also visible is the new window that we installed. I bought it at a local RV salvage store for $7.50. The wall to the rear is the one we built and covered with new Wilsonart. There is a pic in an earlier post of that process. The repositioned microwave cabinet is just ahead of the new wall.

The second pic is the area just aft of that wall showing how I rearranged the plumbing under the floor of the pantry.

dean. wow....all i can say is i wish i lived near you. or you can come over and play with me for a month or two

tom

Update on my progress. As you can see the solid surface counter-top is installed. I am using a Shiny black embossed laminate for the front surface of the cabinets. I found a neo-angle shower that would fit. I have included a "before" picture as well.            

That looks great Dean. Good job!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Looks great!!!!! I sure wish I had your skills.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

By the way.... I didn't use the original kitchen faucet (shown in the "before" pic). I bought a new flex hose from Newell just last year for it. It cost $100.00 If any of my Newell friends are interested in the faucet I would let it go for $120 OBO plus freight. It worked fine I just wanted the brushed silver look of the Delta faucet.