You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

A bit of remodeling

Thank you for your responses! I am intending to use this 12 inches as efficiently as possible. Given that the bedroom A/C evaporator is on the passenger side of the "shelf" and the breaker box is on the driver side and you have to climb onto the bed to access it there are some limitations.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

One of my 5 1/2"  A/D/S speaker grills is missing ...probably due to the vandalism that occurred prior to my purchase. If any of my Newell friends has one that you would part with please contact me. I would also be interested in ANY A/D/S speakers and tweeters in any condition (even if cones are damaged) if the price is right.!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Looking forward to what had been a small toilet room. You can see the A/C evaporator for the salon area.
    There was a bunk bed in this area. It now is the kitchen sink and counter. We fabricated the curved wall in my shop that divides the pantry area at the far end of the kitchen area.
    There was a U shaped couch in the back lounge area. Here I have it framed to install a queen size bed. I had to move the inverter and heaters to the under bed area as well.
Here are a few pics of the remodeling in progress. I will take some "after" pics and post soon.

Major undertaking. You have more energy and devotion than I do to do such major mods.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

A few recent pics. A friend helped me put the floor down last year. It is LVP. We put down the recommended underlayment plywood before gluing the planks down. Overall I am happy with the floor. I was a bit concerned last fall when I let the temps in the Newell get down below 40 degrees and I could see gaps forming at the ends of the planks. Once I got it in the heated shop for a day everything went back in place. You can see by the before and after pics where we removed walls and where we built new ones. We completely reupholstered the ceiling and built the kitchen cupboards and dishwasher in. All construction methods were as close to the methods Newell used originally as possible. I used high grade 3/4" plywood for the walls and cabinetry. It is laminated with Wilsonart laminate that matched the original material that Newell used where appropriate. The cabinets are covered with embossed shiny black Wilsonart to add some contrast. The refrigerator, the two bunks and the couch are original and where Newell built them. Everything else has been built in my shop except the Corian counter tops. They were done by a local cabinet shop.
The salon table had booth benches originally which I removed. The table  is next on the list for remove and replace. I have matching Corian to make a new table and plan to cut and finish it my self. The chair will get reupholstered to match.
I will try to get some good pics of the bathroom and the bedroom. They are usable but not completed yet.

That is really a nice design and superb execution. Good Job!

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

You are doing a superb job Dean. Looks like it came from the factory that way.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Very nice!

very good dean.  we did lvp in our cabin remodel this year.  it had a cork backing and is really nice.  

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH