You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCS Basement Airs-replacement boards

http://www.flightsystems.com/rv-generato...rvice.html

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

that seems like a very fair price.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am looking for a spare, but this company only repairs them. However, seems like a good repair or exchange price.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

i think you can buy new boards from newell i think someone said

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Which wires did Russ figure out should be replaced with heavier wires?
Don't see wires on the board, are these the wires that screw into the board?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I often found that the connectors for the fans and compressors were a point of failure. The pin and socket would lose contact pressure and that resulted in a high resistance joint. Then, over time, that high resistance resulted in high localized heat, and the connector and mating hardware was melted or damaged. I just replaced both halves of the connectors with a pig tail connector similar to those used in a flat four towing setup. Had a higher current rating and has worked well for me. Also, the conducting paths on the circuit board, called lands, were not adequate for the current load and that could me remedied by soldering an insulated conductor on the back of the board to both ends of the failed land. Then the relays for the compressor seem to fail due to a lack of contact protection as well as being rated just barely enough for the current I measured that my compressors pulled. Fortunately, these relays are easily sourced and replaced. If you look at the schematic for the board you will see that in our application on the Newell several of the relays on the board are not used so it becomes unnecessary to replace them all.
I am in agreement that the advertised price for repair is very reasonable. You might still have a problem however if the removable side of your connectors has been damaged. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I plan to be going through Lewisville, Texas, on about May 20th, and have set up an appointment with Eddie at National Indoor RV Center to service and/or repair mine. Hope it works out OK.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

chester they are good.Let me know if you were satisfied

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Ashley, I did some testing with an amp meter last spring and discovered I had a bad condenser motor. My grandson and I took the fan motor out and had it rebuilt here in Mexico. Later in the summer I had both control boards rebuilt and installed new thermostats. Thus, I cancelled my appointment in Lewisville. Knock on wood, all four units worked great this summer.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey