You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front A/C blowing breakers

I would start here: http://m.grainger.com/mobile/search/moto...iiZ1z13me8. Also look on Amazon

Jimmy

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/CENTURY...Pid=search

here is one that looks and spec's similar.

have a look. i just dont know what dimensions yours is

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

http://www.emotorpro.com/

here is another place to look

tom

The latest. Took the fan this morning to an electrical shop here in Mexico. Testing the unit led to the conclusion that the bearing or bushings are bad which makes it difficult to start, even with a capacitor. Will be repaired tomorrow for $50. But to be safe, I think I will order another one from Granger. I will have to cut the shaft, but that should be no big deal. I will report back on Friday after installation and have some photos. Again, thanks all.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

chester, i am impressed. please give us a picture history and explaination on what it takes to get the unit out to work on.

tom

Willco. I already have a few with more to follow when I am ready to install. Friday I will have the locally repaired on and will test before butting things up. Also I purchased a one from Grainger just in case. Chuck Clark with Newell recommended Granger part #3LU73 and capacitor #2MDV7.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

that is a pricey little motor at 146 bucks.

you said you have to cut the shaft on it?

tom

Yes Tom, the shaft on the GE original is only about 1 3/4" long. All others are in excess of 5". Price may be a little high, but it is available at Granger in Tucson, was recommended by Newell, and I only have a week to get the a/c working before leaving for five months. Any port in a storm!

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

I am a happy RVr this afternoon. With help from my grandson, we installed the repaired condenser fan motor and my front A/C now works great, drawing a total of 8.5 amps on high. The motor bushings were worn out and the shaft was scarred and had to be replaced. Windings appear good with no obvious heating, probably due to heat shutoff in the motor. A small electric shop here in Mexico rebuilt it for the grand total of $60. I have attached photos with some word descriptions. To be on the safe side, I have ordered a replacement spare motor from Granger. Many thanks to all of you that helped me with the project.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

chester, very very nice job of documenting. btw, that is a relay and can be replaced.

glad it all works.

tom