You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Radio

Job well done “Guru” I bet the passenger’s remote made Baxter’s tail-end wag even more. Smile

Jim

Pioneer

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Jim,

Actually the remote iConnection is for me. I wanted to listen to *my* music when Baxter was driving. He listens to Frank Sinatra and I cant stand that junk!

Bill

ps. He is a much better driver since I told him he could not drink scotch and drive!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Wireless?
That is what I'm looking for. Now how do I get the old radio out to install a new one?
Got a couple other things I want to do behind that panel too.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,

Of course your situation may be different...

For my radio, the first step was to remove a little plastic bezel that is snapped onto front of radio. (I broke it getting it off, but it should have just snapped off). The second step was sliding in unlock tabs beside radio to release the catches. The radio just slid out after that. Find your radio manual on internet and see what the manual says about yours.

The large panel on windshield side of dash was attached with plastic christmas trees and it just popped out. That gave me access to the wiring. Almost all of the new radio wiring was mirror of old radio.

Depending on your coach, you may find that there is a crack in black plexiglas on the left side of the radio. My radio was only held by the black plexiglas panel. It had very little support so I glued in a metal backing strip and then added two decorative screws through the front to screw my metal backing into more substantial support. New mount is super solid. I did not take pictures...sorry.

The USB port in the armrest was a very cheap part that I got from Crutchfield. It is a long cable that plugged into back of radio. The nice folks at Newell had previously recovered the armrest and added a black plexiglass panel where the old remote stalk was mounted.

I am still getting used to how much these radios have advanced in a few years. My last radio was the top of the line Pioneer in 2008. Lots of $$$$ New radio was a fraction of that and is far more capable.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

New Wireless tech stuff allow you to use your I phone or other smart phone using bluetooth to navigate your music

I sat in the coach tuch my phone and my pandora starts playing! amazing1 no wires no USB ports or input jacks, just pure simple and cheap! you can get good head units like JVC, Pioner, Kenwood or alpine for 80 bucks at Best Buy one problem is to make sure your harness is right one size of your old radio. i have older ADS speakers in my 02 coach , they were state of the art speakers while back ( CO out of business ) they use them in Porshe, Audi's and many aftermarket builds. They are power hungry speakers , so I had to look for deck with 2x50 or 100 watts output to get the sweet sound of the speakers, ADS are amazing sounding speakers and when drive with right amp/or head unit they can provide amazing sound, sound stage is deep and wide and the tweeders are very well blended with mid range unig cross overs
two of our 42 samsung LED monitors are controled by my Galaxy 2 note phone, only one remote control, love the new high tech stuff and its makes life simple!!

(04-30-2013, 12:10 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Forest,

Of course your situation may be different...

For my radio, the first step was to remove a little plastic bezel that is snapped onto front of radio. (I broke it getting it off, but it should have just snapped off). The second step was sliding in unlock tabs beside radio to release the catches. The radio just slid out after that. Find your radio manual on internet and see what the manual says about yours.

The large panel on windshield side of dash was attached with plastic christmas trees and it just popped out. That gave me access to the wiring. Almost all of the new radio wiring was mirror of old radio.

Depending on your coach, you may find that there is a crack in black plexiglas on the left side of the radio. My radio was only held by the black plexiglas panel. It had very little support so I glued in a metal backing strip and then added two decorative screws through the front to screw my metal backing into more substantial support. New mount is super solid. I did not take pictures...sorry.

The USB port in the armrest was a very cheap part that I got from Crutchfield. It is a long cable that plugged into back of radio. The nice folks at Newell had previously recovered the armrest and added a black plexiglass panel where the old remote stalk was mounted.

I am still getting used to how much these radios have advanced in a few years. My last radio was the top of the line Pioneer in 2008. Lots of $$$$ New radio was a fraction of that and is far more capable.

New Wireless tech stuff allow you to use your I phone or other smart phone using bluetooth to navigate your music

I sat in the coach tuch my phone and my pandora starts playing! amazing1 no wires no USB ports or input jacks, just pure simple and cheap! you can get good head units like JVC, Pioner, Kenwood or alpine for 80 bucks at Best Buy one problem is to make sure your harness is right one size of your old radio. i have older ADS speakers in my 02 coach , they were state of the art speakers while back ( CO out of business ) they use them in Porshe, Audi's and many aftermarket builds. They are power hungry speakers , so I had to look for deck with 2x50 or 100 watts output to get the sweet sound of the speakers, ADS are amazing sounding speakers and when drive with right amp/or head unit they can provide amazing sound, sound stage is deep and wide and the tweeders are very well blended with mid range unig cross overs
two of our 42 samsung LED monitors are controled by my Galaxy 2 note phone, only one remote control, love the new high tech stuff and its makes life simple!!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb