You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach leans to left

I've gradually been repairing air leaks on my 91, making fair progress. The rear stays up fine, but now the coach has a tendency to get low in the front, lower on the left then the right. I'm assuming the down solenoid valve might be leaking, but am also concerned that the front supply air tank drain valve might be sticking. Has anyone replaced a air tank drain valve, and if so did you use a spring type, or a petcock?

Thanks for any advice
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

(05-05-2013, 07:06 AM)cdat Wrote:  I've gradually been repairing air leaks on my 91, making fair progress. The rear stays up fine, but now the coach has a tendency to get low in the front, lower on the left then the right. I'm assuming the down solenoid valve might be leaking, but am also concerned that the front supply air tank drain valve might be sticking. Has anyone replaced a air tank drain valve, and if so did you use a spring type, or a petcock?

Thanks for any advice
John
Spray the valve with soapy water to see if it leaking. I have used petcocks, Spring type with pull cable and auto drain. All work and just depend on what you want to do. Just stop the leak.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

i use the cable pull for the 3 big round tanks (for the brakes) and ran the cables into the bays by the tanks. just a tug and it drains them. i know some people dont like them but they are made for trucks.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The cable pull drain on the front supply tank sticks, may just replace with another.
Thanks
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired