You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leak, what is it

As I continue to hunt for air leaks, I ran across this today. I have air leaking out the white, what appears to be an air hose fitting.
1. What is it
2. Is there supposed to be an air hose attached, and if so, where would it run to.
Any help, or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

(05-07-2013, 12:34 PM)cdat Wrote:  As I continue to hunt for air leaks, I ran across this today. I have air leaking out the white, what appears to be an air hose fitting.
1. What is it
2. Is there supposed to be an air hose attached, and if so, where would it run to.
Any help, or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
John
I think this is a ride height control valves? The white fitting possible had a rubber hose that was just a discharge line. Dose air come out all the time? Post a picture of the whole valve.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

ron got it. it appears to just be the discharge on the ride height valve.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

If air is leaking out the white part with the coach level then you have a defective HCV. Because of the way the HCV are plumbed that will drain your air quickly. If you decide to replace that one, replace the other two while you're at it.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I'll post another pic on thurs when I get back under it. It looks like its part of the tranny to me.
Thanks foe the info
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

Hopefully your blocking the coach if your underneath while messing with the leveling valve.

Jimmy

(05-07-2013, 08:02 PM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  Hopefully your blocking the coach if your underneath while messing with the leveling valve.

Yes indeed, do not need 30k Lbs crushing me into the asphalt.

Appreciate the concern and advice.

John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

I just got through replacing all my ride height valves on my 96 with King of the Road. I replace both rear and the front. They work great.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I've got one on order, will be here tomorrow, will replace the bad one in front before I leave for Oregon on Fri. Will replace the two rear ones when I get back.
Thanks for the help.
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired