You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aqua Hot woes

(05-11-2013, 08:40 AM)Trainer Wrote:  Hi John,

I was thinking about your low ride level and was wondering if your ride height setting is correct?

I checked my coaches ride height yesterday just on a whim to do it and found it a little low.

All the best.
My last trip to Newell, they did a 3 axle alignment, and set the ride height, so it should be OK...

Coach Name: Hakuna Matata, 2005 Coach 722 47' Quad Slide, DD Series 60, Allison 6 Speed, Featherlite Toy Hauler

John, for whatever this is worth, I have been driving motorhomes for 30 years, and one of the many things I have learned, is to avoid evey old RV park at night. They are old and not designed for these big Newel coaches. If you cannot get into one before dark, find your nearest walmart, truck stop or rest stop where there is light. These old RV parks, especially KOA, think their trees are wonderful, but not so. If they do not scrach your Newell, they will bock your TV antenna. Chalk it up to education and enjoy your beautiful rig.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Update...I spent 2 days, and 7,000.00 at Newell this week, and they repaired my AquaHot system. The exhaust had lifted the tank inside the unit, breaking the fitting for the domestic water outlet, when I hit the stump hidden in the grass. It could have been patched, but I decided not to take anychances, and let them install a new Boiler tank. Now, the coach is 100% again. I began to like it again on the ride home, so I think it will be a keeper. Now, all I have to do is wash all of the Arkansas bugs off of it. They are covered up at the Newell shop, and was lucky to get worked in....

Coach Name: Hakuna Matata, 2005 Coach 722 47' Quad Slide, DD Series 60, Allison 6 Speed, Featherlite Toy Hauler

John, That's the Spirit!!!! BTW you can keep our Arkansas Bugs... We've got plenty!

Jimmy