You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

bedroom home theatre

i am an audio geek. the bedroom just had a pair of the ADS speakers in it for the TV. so to go along with the LG 42" 3D lcd tv that michael installed for me, i added a yamaha av reciever with hdmi switching, 5 Mirage Nanosat speakers and a yamaha sub. it sounds really nice.

the niles audio IR repeater was on the fritz. the niles audio ones are really expensive. i replaced it with a complete system from monoprice for 30 bucks and it worked great.

i wire managed it and put the wall all back together. i do not have the bedroom all finished but it is done enough to travel.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Oh, Tom. That sounds awesome. And I got in trouble for installing a 24" HDMI PC Internet ready TV (+direct TV and new ROKU box...the one that has headphones that plug into the remote) that swivels out where I can see it in the bath or kitchen...and routed to good (I think) speakers already tied to bedroom new JVC HD radio, Sirrus, DVD, bluetooth, etc.... [Don't tell Jeff I just ordered the wireless transmitter that will stream a movie from the Samsung 4S phone to this TV too!] But a subwoofer! (Thanks to one of your earlier posts I put a subwoofer in the front and boy does it make a difference!..you are a bad/good influence).

Lynn of Lynn and Jeff

yea, i know how to spend money....

i just got the samsung s4 yesterday and i love it.

tom

My sub is under the dinette bench....is that where your front one is? Mine is blown and would love to replace, but have not found a substitute that will fit....is the Yamaha really small? Model number?

thanks!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hey Lynn if Jeff gives you a hard time just remind him of all his "stuff" in the trailer! Smile
Looking forward to seeing yall in Spearfish.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

on the sub. for the front sub (i put it in) it is an awesome one. a Mirage MM-6. it is a little pricey but is only 8" square. i put it in the cab behind the passenger seat. i ran a cable over to it and there was already a plug in inside the cabinent

the rear one i bought was an older yamaha i got on craigslist for 30 bucks. it was like new and fit perfectly on the bottom shelf of the cab on the wall at the end of the bed.

it is a rectangle and fit just right.

tom

We used the subwoofer below (I think Tom used the 200A in his 'old' bus) and installed it in one of the drawers under the couch (rather than behind the driver's seat). Put it in about 1.5 yr ago and don't know if they still make them.

Maybe Tom can show us some Samsung 4S tricks? We are in the learning curve ....anyone tried the new Pantech USB 295 with a wifiranger yet? I know famous Jack says the first version works but I haven't heard about the 295 yet..

To Forest: Toys? Toys? You must mean the 'necessary' traveling tools...

"Blaupunkt's THb 210A amplified subwoofer keeps an extremely low profile, so you can add big-sounding bass to your vehicle without giving up much space. The slim, die-cast aluminum cabinet contains a 120-watt RMS amplifier and an 8" subwoofer for clean, low-frequency reproduction that enhances any style of music.

You don't have to worry about turning the sub on and off — just feed it some music and it'll respond, and it shuts off one minute after the tunes stop. Preamp- and speaker-level inputs provide easy connection to nearly any stereo system"

Highlights:

compact powered subwoofer
8" woofer with aluminum compound cone
120 watts RMS amplifier (peak power: 240 watts)
variable low-pass filter (40-120 Hz)
phase switch control (0-180°)
frequency response: 20-120 Hz
preamp- and speaker-level inputs
dimensions: 14"W x 6-15/16"H x 8-15/16"D

that sub is awesome. it is 12v powered and not 110v. i had it hooked up to the hometheatre and the car stereo.

richard put it in his i think as well. it would fit almost anywhere.

tom

just picked up a 47" LG LM6700 @ Costco for $650. Couldn't pass it up @ that price!

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

that is an amazing tv. i really like the lg's

tom