You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

troubleshooting

Tell me about it Erniee. On my Foretravel it seemed that everything we right there in front of you. Could change the air filter in 5 minutes if you didn't hurry. Pull open the bed and open the back and there is the engine. Wasn't all peaches and cream however.

I'm checking with Bernd in the morning and if he can take it I will run it down. When I fine out problem I will let you know. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Your coach has the open rear closet?
If you have to remove the floor there should be a removable section of carpet in the rear and a hatch beneath that.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,

My coach only has a small rear closet across the rear with three doors with mirrors. It is about a foot and half deep. The bed room is one big room, but before one gets to the closets there is about a 4" rise and this is the part of floor that will come up. I will check and see if I can find if some of this floor will come up. Need to know this anyway because sooner or later it will have to come up. Thanks Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell, my coach has the same configuration as yours. I have posted below a note that I got from Steve a few months back. Based on what I have measured and told by Newell, the bed has to be removed to get access to the trap door which is over the engine. I think the access door goes about 4" under bed. One suggestion was to cut the door in half and then the part under the bed can be slipped out. I have not tried this, but will when I am ready to have the valves and injectors adjusted.

RE: adjust Detroit valves
To give you further idea of what you are looking for, my floor hatch is 23 1/2" X 38 1/2". The access hole behind the center firewall section was approx 23 1/2" X 10" tall.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,
I would not want to pull bed. I took some photos of my bedroom. The slide is closed so it was sorta tight. My closet is 22" deep and the raised area is 38" from wall under closet. The mirror part under closet doesn't open. Looks like that is over the air cleaner stuff looking from the outside and from the outside with the rear door open looks like the valve cover ends about where the floor drops down in bedroom. That is the best I can figure. I do not feel any sections in carpet where there is a trap door. Wish I could.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell, the raised area to the rear of the bed is also 38" in my coach, but I do not have a closed next to the bed stand. If you are willing to take an adventure, remove the carpet between the bed and the rear closets. If I am correct, the hatch will be evident, and it will show that it extends under the bed. If you take a skil saw and cut the hatch in half, you may be able to open the rear portion of the hatch, and then slip the front half out from under the bed without removing the bed. All of this is speculation since I have not done it, and also there is the question that if you were able to remove the hatch, would you have access to the fuel check valve. Much simpler to remove the tag tire if in fact that will provide access to the fuel check valve. But if you do remove the hatch, go ahead and have the valves and injectors set. Keep us posted.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Thanks Chester, after I find out more about this I will let you know. If it comes to pulling up the floor I will go to the factory. After I get the coach running it seems to do OK the rest of the day. Just hard to get started first thing the next morning. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell,

When I look at the picture, it looks like there is a screw on the edge of the raised section. That is how the carpet in my closet (larger than yours) is attached. When I unscrew the carpet it just lifts up exposing the hatch. In my coach the hatch is screwed in and is completely flush with the floor. Can you verify if that is indeed a screw in the carpet?

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I called Newell and they said to pull the carpet up and the door should be there. They didn't know if the carpet was glued or stapled. It was stapled, which is better. Undo the four bolts under floor and we are in business. Bernd said he wanted to check the injectors, so I knew I had to get the floor out so he could that. I'm going to have him adjust the valves while he's in there also. Probably never been done. Doesn't look like the floor ever been out. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Hmmm, First time I've seen OSB in a Newell....I wonder if that is factory installed??

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.