You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

troubleshooting

Chester,
It looks like the hatch goes under the closet in mine. It is only attached by 4 bolts. Why can't yours be pulled out from under the bed? Mine was pulled out from under the closet about that far. This is something one does not want to go through but once. It is no fun seeing grease inside like this inside the coach. I'm having sleepless night right now. Tomorrow hopefully it be finished. Most of the valves did need adj. I was told.
Chester, if you have to cut don't cut deep. There is motor insulation and the valve cover. I really don't think I would cut at all. Try to work it out somehow or take it to Newell. I don't think they do engine work but at lease they should know how to take the hatch off. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell, you make some good points. Once I expose the hatch, I may be able to slip it out from under the bed, but unless I have a special need, i will wait until the end of the travel season, then pull the carpet when I am ready to have the valves adjusted. If I have to cut it, I will use a skill saw that will only cut the plywood. Again thanks.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

chappell,

can you tell us what fixed the hard starting and what else the mechanic did?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
He adjusted to valves and put new O-rings on the injectors. It did seem to help yes, but the big thing that did help was the fact that the previous owner, for some reason, clamped the fuel tank vent closed. It caused a vacuum in the fuel tank. It was hard to crank first thing in the morning, but rest of the day no problem. What got me thinking about this was when I stopped to fill up with fuel I could hardly pull the cap out and when I did there was a big swish of air. I hope this helps. It could also be the check value stuck open allowing fuel to flow back to the tank?? Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell do you know how your mechanic accessed the fuel tank vent to unclamp it?
Mine tank cap does the same thing.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,
On the way back from Spearfish we stopped at Newell to have my wheels aligned and told them about my problem. They found that vent had been clamped off. It was a green hose above the tank. It has cranked great since then. At Spearfish, Steve and I looked to see if we could find the hose, but couldn't. There are several hoses above the tank and if we had known the color it would have been easy, maybe. At Newell they could not believe any one would have done that?? I guess other things could do it. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot