You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

tom and darlenes first trip after retiring

Tuesday we are going to drive a whopping 200 miles. i am trying to do what clarke and forest are saying but it is hard.

will be staying in shamrock texas tuesday night. then will drive to ok city on wed morning. will stay there till friday morning at twin fountains rv park where jimmy stays.

friday will head to camp newell for the weekend and then on to steve and suzies on monday.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, we have stayed at Twin Fountains and liked it.....not far off the Interstate....easy off, easy on....large pull through sites. Heading back down to Indianapolis from my sister's home here in Chelsea, MI....will pick Elaine up at the airport this evening, then by Thursday we will start the 800 mile trek to Sioux Falls, then up to Spearfish. Our plans between here and there are written in Jello right now.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Great to hear you two are enjoying your Newell on the road ! well deserved after u spend so many hrs on it! NM is awesome state !
Hope to hook up with you two on the road!
We are in MT and heading to Island park , ID for month of fly fishing Henry's Fork

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

time for an update. we are at twin fountains rv park in oklahoma city. got a nice spot (the only spot) that would work for us. had to raise the coach to get up on it but once there it is great.

a few fun things during the last few days. the small rv park we stayed at in texas on the way had an interesting way of emptying the park septic tank (which was about 35 feet from our front door). the picture is below....yea, they just pumped it out into a field about 100 feet from us. not smelly at least. the picture is below. the picture of the coach in what looks like a field is this place. nice view and very humongo spots and easy drive in and out and cheap. worked nicely. and no smell from the septic dumping.....ha

then the picture of the water tower. just to set the record straight, darlene was driving and she blew by it so fast that it got sucked over in the draft.

the cool looking building is in a small town on route 66 in texas. they dont make gas stations like they used to for sure...

then a few pictures of the coach parked in front of our house before we left last week.

we met up with jimmy last night and had a fun time visiting and eating. today we are meeting up with jeff (sundance) to pick up the cool mugs he hand made and to finally see each other f2f. then tonite some family friends are coming over for dinner.

later

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello all,

darlene and i just arrived at camp newell in miami. we got set up and are enjoying the cool breeze with the door and windows open. thanks to newell for letting us stay here over the weekend. then monday we are off to steve bares home.

if anyone is here at camp newell, stop by the all white coach and see us.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It was a cool crisp 59` this am Tom! I didn't see any lights this moning when I drove by @ 05;30... Thanks for chasing off the rain and tornados! My funmeter was pegged out on that!

Jimmy

yesterday when we took the back roads from tulsa to miami to enjoy the scenic route and skip the tolls we took some interesting roads. we stayed off the highways and did backroads. one was a one lane blacktop that said weight limit 15 tons. fortunately it was only a few miles.

it is cool as you come into miami the back way that there are all the roadsigns asking you to be cautious and look out for horse and buggies

tom

When we left Miami we headed up into Kansas and went through this small community that looked like it had been wiped out quite a few years ago. Small road, empty lots, only a few houses left. Then we ventured through Kansas on back roads finally making our way to US 50. Nice interesting drive with very little traffic. Beats the interstate with the traffic.
BTW I found a website that lists historical markers. Also they have an android app to list them by your location. Quite often we see a marker that looks interesting but no place to stop with the coach. http://www.hmdb.org//

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Tom,

When it says "Weight Limit 15 tons" are they talking total weight or axle weight. I have always wondered that...

thanks,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

tom where is the level override switch

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589