You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Silverleaf

Got the jib for my 91 coach, going to do the direct wire. I know which wire are 12v and ground, (red and black with white stripe). Does anyone know which is data + and data - On a 91 Newell whith a DD 8v92 on the diagnostic cable?Called Newell, they said they don't have that info.

John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

John, it is easy to join the Silverleaf forum, and someone there on that forum may have the answer. Would not it be simpler to purchase the low cost cable that Silverleaf can provide and plug directly into the engine connector.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

hi john,

here is the pinout of the plug that is under your dash. this is as you look at it from the front. you can verify by looking at where there are pins in the plug. there are only the 4 there.

i have had several cables from silverleaf and they are each different colors since they used different cables.

so just use an ohm meter and find the corresponding pin on the plug on the cable that matches with the diagram attached below and it will be easy to know what wire is what.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i made the assumption you had both cables. my mistake

i will sketch out the plug that goes to the vmspc and post it

as to what wire is what

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Appreciate it, thanks very much. I'm still not getting date at least it's not showing in the gauges. What I get when I click "start" in the communication check for the port is an "ok", then about 5 seconds later, maybe less it goes to "failure of engine and vmspc to communicate" or something similar. Any thoughts on whether I'm connecting the right wires, or another problem?

Thanks
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

there are two errors that it might be. one is that there is an issue between the engine and the vmspc box (which mean more than likely you might have a wire switched). i think it is unlikely but possible that there is something wrong between the plug and the ddec on the engine.

the second error is that there is something not set up right on your software or laptop. did you install the usb drivers for the vmspc?

did you check to make sure under advanced tab that it has selected the usb jib and that it is the right usb port selected?

i think the most likely culprit is the setup on your laptop and config on vmspc.

i know the wiring i gave you is right because i recently installed the pigtail cable on two different newells that way.

i emailed you my phone number. call if you want to talk through it

tom

I checked on the vmspc site, should be ok as I'm getting bytes. I'm going to reinstall the drivers again tomorrow as there seems to be an issue with Win7. I've tried swapping the wires, when I do I don't get the "ok" 1st, it goes straight to the no connection with engine. I may give you a call tomorrow, really appreciate the offer, means a lot
John

John and Patti
1991 Newell #255 8V92
2011 Jeep Wrangler
US Army Retired

i run win 7 on my ivy bridge laptop and it has no issues.

i believe it is a driver/setup issue.

like i said, i am confident my wiring is correct.

give me a call and i will see if i can help at all.

tom