You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kohler voltage regulator #228602

HuhUpdate:
Installed the new voltage regulator and it did NOT correct the problem,Hmmmm.
I checked the contacts in the back and when I transfer from shore to gene the contact that is on the gene side is humming.
I measure 74 volts coming from the gene, maybe there is not enough voltage to properly engage the contact??
All fuses are ok.
110/220 lights inside the coach do not light. Voltage meter beside lights above the driver do not even register the 75 volts that I get at the contact.
There must be some simple thing that I am missing.
Any help appreciated.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad, i PM'd you my cell phone. call me and we can talk through it together. i am free now during lunch

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Update:
Seems that the new voltage regulator had to be calibrated. The repair person said he has never seen a new regulator that did not need to be calibrated. A simple fix just a lot of hassle.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

When regulators fail it is usually because of excessive current draw on the output (F+ F-). When the set shuts down the falling speed causes the output of the regulator to increase in order to keep the voltage up. if there is significant load, it worsens. The connected loads should either be turned off or at best reduced prior to turning off the generator set.

Also, if there are shorted windings in the excitation circuit that as well may be causing your problem. Make sure you have a fuse in the input to the regulator with an amperage size for the rated current.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

bestgenman,

thanks for joining our forum. your coach looks really nice. would love to hear more about it. and it would help us if we knew your first name so we could be more friendly.

sounds like you are an expert on generators. that is great.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH