You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

GPS or Tablet for navigating?

Thanks Michael, That is the one that I am picking up today. The GARMIN DEZL 760LMT in stock at Best Buy: SKU: 7352055 $399.99.
I didn't realize that it was just released but that explains why everyone has it at the same price.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Don't know how true this but it was just posted by someone on Escapees forum, could be a reason why the routing isn't always what we would expect:

"The software providers for truck based routing are getting very gun shy because of scrutiny by people like Sen Chuck Shumer of NY who has threatened regulatory retaliation because of the number of trucks hitting bridges in NY state.
As a result the routing is getting more and more perverse as they make seemingly clear truck routes off limits and put you miles off course for no reason. I deal with it constantly in my 100K miles per year as owner operator , using 3 different systems."

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Got the Garmin DEZL 760LMT on Saturday. Downloading the maps and upgrades takes a while. Haven't used it yet.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Been looking into the Garmin DEZL 760LMT and came upon the Garmin HUD (Head-Up Display) for $149.99. This uses the smart phone app's,Garmin's Street Pilot, for iPhone or Navigon. It looks like a safer solution with the projection on the windshield or attached reflector lens. However, it is no better than the software of the smartphone ap. And does this also have a problem when you have less than perfect cell reception?

I've had very good luck with my 760LMT ... But Like ALL GPS navagation it is nice to have a general idea of where your going.. and a map..

Jimmy

Look at the following web site:

http://sydhorn.wix.com/rv-navigation-system Smile