You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Our Summer Adventure

Hi, This is my first post and want to thank Michael for telling me about this site.

Currently, we are on a long summer journey to the west coast to see old Newell friends and take a cruise to Alaska for our 50th wedding anniversary out of Seattle.

We left Albuquerque, NM on June 26 and have visited old friends and relatives along the way and are now in Sacramento, CA. Some of the Newell owners have now settled down and gotten out of RVing but some are still enjoying our fun lifestyle.

Our visits have been to Frank and Kay Niesner in Royal City, Washington, Marlen and Audrey Knutson in Bow. Washington, Tom and Mary Cowgill in Albany, OR, and now with Dan and Barbara Calvey here in Sacramento.

The trail leads back to Albuquerque from here as I have a Doctor's appointment and we need to get back home to Alamogordo, NM to get ready to head out to Indio for the winter.

Nweck

Neal Weckworth
2007 Newell

Neal,
Welcome to the forum! It is always fun to hear of others adventures and how they use their Newells. By the picture in your avatar you have a beautiful coach.

Safe travels................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Neal,

Welcome to the forum - beautiful coach!

You are in the part of the country that we haven't visited yet. Hopefully, soon we can get up there. I have heard so much about the Northwest; N California, Oregon, and Washington are gorgeous!

Unfortunately those states are a long way from south Louisiana. But hey that's what Newells are for - traveling!

Drive slow and be safe,

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Welcome Neal!

come by and visit us in mesa az!

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks for posting Neal. Having been treated to Neal's hospitality in Alamogordo after we left Tom's house and spending some time in Neal's gorgeous coach, I can tell you it is as stunning inside as it is outside. It has my favorite floorplan, the center island bed. Georgia and I have known Neal and Barbara for years through the DataStorm Users group even prior to Georgia and I becoming Newell owners. Neal has owned Newells for many years and was in attendance at the Newell Mini Rally in Austin back in 2009.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Hi Everyone,

Yes, we have had a few Newells over the years and this one is our favorite "last one". We just traded our 1999 Newell in on this last October.

This trip has been a real fun one as we have never been to the northwest before and we are taking our time to make it special. It is especially nice to see so many of our Newell friends as some of them have sold their rigs and have stopped traveling.

Mike and Georgia came by just in time as we left the next day on this journey. We enjoyed their visit and hated to just up and leave but we had a doctor's appointment in Albuquerque.

Neal Weckworth
2007 Newell

Welcome Neal.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )